We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental on Yakushima

bellingham, wa
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental on Yakushima

Can someone recommend a car rental agency on Yakushima? It seems that the webites I usually use don't work there. English service is better, but we can do this is Japanese if necessary (or cheaper). Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
23,903 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental on Yakushima

Why don't you check them out. I can't really recommend any of them, as I have never been there, but you wouldn't have so much trouble, I guess. Most agencies should be located at the airport. I hope you have all the necessary documents for driving in Japan.

www.carlease.co.jp/

www.yakushima.co.jp/

www.mazda-rentacar.co.jp/shop/4611.html

www.nipponrentacar.co.jp/

www.trl-kagosima.jp/

www4.synapse.ne.jp/rentacar/

www.yakushima-navi.com/

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental on Yakushima

I used Suzuki Rental Lease Yakushima

http://www.suzuki-rentalease.co.jp/

We did everything via e-mail (in Japanese). They had the car waiting at the airport and we returned it to the designated parking lot across the street. Very easy and efficient. You WILL need a car to get around. And it's easy to find parking spaces. Just remember that gas is quite expensive, so do give it some thought as to which direction you'll be traveling for the day.

Have fun!

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental on Yakushima

This is the best company 4 rent a car!!!!

U can sleep,rest,cooking,and run also cheap!!!

…sakuraweb.com/English/index.html

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental on Yakushima

i rented from matsubanda which is also right across the street from the airport.

http://www.yakushima.co.jp/index-3.php

a gas station is right next to matsubanda so you can fill up before dropping it off. and they'll drop you off at the airport after you return the car. i ended up making the reservation over the phone and had a discount from the lodging i stayed at. when i checked, jpns websites were cheaper than english websites. matsubanda takes credit card. also in case you aren't aware, US drivers license holders will need an international driver permit to rent a car in japan.

Kumage-gun...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental on Yakushima

YES Yakushima can arrange car rental and no booking fee is required.

http://www.yesyakushima.com

Tell YES your arrival and departure details and they will arrange to have the car at the port or airport when you arrive. Also, if you have an accident then YES can try to offer support with their translation services. YES also offer many other types of Yakushima booking services all without a booking charge.

London
Level Contributor
449 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental on Yakushima

As with mamjelly above, I used http://www.suzuki-rentalease.co.jp/ Dialogue before was in Japanese, but they were very helpful and picked me up from the ferry port (Miyanoura against Anbo).

Long Island NY
Level Contributor
789 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental on Yakushima

I had the host at my lodge help me book my car.

6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental on Yakushima

Hi there

I recommend CamGo rent a car.They are very welcome world traveler and helpful.

Ask them in English!!

They also provide a bedding.Almost every trailhead have a free parking area.If it is possible to trek along with the sunrise, you could enjoy the nature of Yakushima when fewer tourists.This is the perfect idea who love the nature.

…sakuraweb.com/english/index.html

Reply to: Car rental on Yakushima
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kumage-gun...