We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanaryokan Iwatoya:does "no bath" mean no shower too?

Singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
8 reviews
11 helpful votes
Hanaryokan Iwatoya:does "no bath" mean no shower too?

I am trying to book 2 rooms for 5 people at Hanaryokan Iwatoya on 19 Dec on the website jalan.net. The only available "standard plan" is JPY47,700 for 2 rooms but it says "no bath". Does that mean the room doesn't even have a shower? I emailed jalan.net but they were unable to help, asking me to telephone the ryokan and ask in Japanese. Can someone help? Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
5,017 posts
61 reviews
61 helpful votes
1. Re: Hanaryokan Iwatoya:does "no bath" mean no shower too?

While I can't answer for definite, as I haven't been to this ryokan, being that it is a ryokan, the individual rooms will not have a shower/ bath (they may have toilets).

As can be seen in the Jalan photos, there is an onsen, so along with the shared bath there are showers, just in the shared (but segregated male/female) bath.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,039 posts
52 reviews
184 helpful votes
2. Re: Hanaryokan Iwatoya:does "no bath" mean no shower too?

There are onsen ryokans with shower in the rooms in Japan, but I suspect they are almost never used, as people would go to the baths for a better shower then bath. Iwatoya is probably not an onsen ryokan, but it has apparently a nice cedar bath.

Iwatoya Rrokan page: http://iwatoya.com/spa.html

Edited: 9:33 am, November 24, 2013
Reply to: Hanaryokan Iwatoya:does "no bath" mean no shower too?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Takachiho-cho