We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire office

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire office

Are there any car hire companies in Puerto de la Duquesa or nearby surrounding areas.

Derbyshire,England
Level Contributor
422 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire office

Hi

We travel out to Duquesa next month and have booked a car with a local company called Bruno's. They have offices at both Gibraltar and Malaga as well as Duquesa itself. Seems to be the only car hire company on the Costa del Sol not wanting to rip you off with extra insurance payments and the 'Pay for a full tank or fuel at rip off prices' scam.

Hope this helps

John

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,968 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire office

We've never used a local company before but have had a look on the Brunos website. They do look good as their T&Cs are very concise but when I put in the type of car and how long we need it for it was more expensive than the one we've already booked through Auto-europe but will keep them in mind for another time.

Let us know how you get on with them.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,947 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire office

Had a look too, it would be cheaper for my dates to take a Full/Empty option, with a "rip off" broker, than book via Bruno`s.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire office

Thanks for the replies guys. RE Bruno's, don't think they're the cheapest but will give them a try anyway. Will report back with feedback when we get back.

dewsbury uk
Level Contributor
657 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire office

Brunos are based at Duquesa, but also cover Gibraltar. They do appear to have an excellent reputation among the locals and some use no one else, but their prices are very high compared to any of the other hirers. If that helps

Derbyshire,England
Level Contributor
422 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire office

Hi

Just thought I'd update you on Bruno's car hire. Fantastic service at a fantastic price! No rip off extras to pay and a very laidback attitude towards his customers. We picked our car up at the Duquesa office had it for 6 days and returned it to La Linea on the last day of our hols and paid only 120 euros including a car seat!! Go and have a chat with them when you are there and they will do you a deal. They even phoned me to check I had found the drop off point ok as they knew we were apprehensive of finding it on the last day.....brilliant. Restored my faith in the car hire business.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire office

I hired a car with Bruno's in March this year, picked it up at car park just a minute or two from Gibraltar airport...very good price and no fuel charge which i always search for...granted, car was not gleaming but we were happy..we were on holiday!!..:)

Brighton
Level Contributor
106 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire office

Hi, where are they in the marina please, we may well do similar hire a car for last few days and drop off on way to airport. Thanks!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire office

Bruno's is expensive. Try Gaston Travel, Bob and Jackie are very helpful and reasonable. They will arrange taxi for you as well, from Malaga or Gibraltar. We've booked with AVIS, as we are coming from Gib, and a lot of companies, do not service Gibraltar.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Hire office

Bob Gaston in port, on back road near car park. He primarily does golf tours, was very helpful, in May, finding some super golf courses, at competitive prices. But, he also sorted out a taxi for my son and his friends, Sunday, last. Reasonable. He does car hire, he sorted a quote for me. Hope this helps.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de la Duquesa