I have 5-6 days in Switzerland (21/9 to 26-27/9) after the Mont Blanc trek and seeking advice on my itinerary. My plan is to spend half of the time exploring Switzerland's nature landscape and the other half the historical and cultural landmarks that make up the country. For the nature side, I was thinking Thun, Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen. For history, culture that's represents Switzerland, I was thinking Bern and Lucerne. I may have too many places here, happy to cut back based on suggestions.
Some questions below:
1. Where is (are) the best place(s) (most central and accessible to transport) to base myself if I want to see Bern, Thun, Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Jungfrau region (the Eiger) and Lucerne? My trek finishes in Geneva so I will start from there.
2. What is the difference between Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen? I've heard both are amazing but if short for time, I may need to choose one. I prefer the more quaint settings than the more bustling places if this helps...
3. Would Bern or Lucerne give a better representation of the history and Culture of Switzerland?
4. How different is Thun to Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen? It may be a possible miss if I'm running short on time...
5. Days recommended at each place would be most welcome!
Many thanks in advance!