We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olea Hotel

New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Olea Hotel

Does anyone have any information on this property that is scheduled to open on August 31? We booked a room for mid-September but am curious if anyone has any additional insider info. Thank you!!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,845 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olea Hotel

Well, as you know, it has a website. Not much information except for a couple of pictures of a cottage-like entrance to something and some nice gardens.

My google, which resulted in the website, didn't even have a link to make a reservation.....how did you find it?

In general, I love the Glen Ellen area for its quiet beauty and proximity to good wineries, but, sorry, can't give you any feedback on the Olea Hotel.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olea Hotel

It's the former Glenelly Inn, a longtime B&B in Glen Ellen. A couple of yrs ago the County of Sonoma seized the property for unpaid taxes and then sold it. The new owners are a couple from Fort Bragg who are experienced hoteliers. Altho' I've not seen the newly redone main building, I've heard that the exterior retains its historic look but the interior has been completely reconfigured. It will become an upscale boutique hotel rather than a country inn. I'll enjoy taking a look once they open.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,845 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olea Hotel

OH !

Thanks, Forestvillian. I thought the picture looked familiar. Good news. Will you let us know when you see it in its new incarnation?

New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olea Hotel

You can make reservations on their website. Www.oleahotel.com. They are offering some nice discounts, a friend forwarded an email with 20%. Too good to pass up for this time of year. Additional feedback is appreciated. :)

Glen Ellen...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Olea Hotel

Hey guys...check out the reviews at tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32429-d112441-… Great reviews so far. Also, check out oleahotel.com for availability. thanks!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,845 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olea Hotel

Ashish,

If you are the proprietor of Olea, you are not allowed to tout or advertise here. It may seem unfair, but prevents this forum from being one large advertising venue.

Edited: 12:27 am, October 03, 2012
Glen Ellen...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Olea Hotel

Hi Puter,

Apologies...I am the proprietor of Olea. Just wanted to provide a few links for convenience. Thanks again!

~ Ashish

8. Re: Olea Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, December 16, 2013