We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun bathing in Silema Malta

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sun bathing in Silema Malta

I am just wondering is there sun bathing facilities,sun loungers,etc available in the Silema Are.I am staying at the Waterfront Hotel for 2 weks in June and as there is only a roof top pool area it will be very crowded i think,is there any other areas where one can sun bathe.

Manana Yacht Charter
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Boat Rentals
Duck Village
Other Outdoor Activities
4 replies to this topic
london
Level Contributor
416 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun bathing in Silema Malta

the waterfront hotel is on the strand where all the hotels have similar sized swimming pools, i would head for the neptune swimming pool at balluta bay either by bus or by heading over triq manwel dimech (see google maps) which has lots of sunbeds

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,220 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun bathing in Silema Malta

Not in the Sliema bit of a shortage of beaches there as in none towel on the rocks might describe it better.Maybe your hotel will let you take one over to the sea.There are places on St Pauls Bay etc that hire out loungers.

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun bathing in Silema Malta

The Neptunes is a Water Polo Club with a large swimming pool and also has access to the sea. Open to non members and has lots of loungers. There is also Sliema Water Polo Club at Ghar-id=dud and the Surfside at Font Ghadir has loungers but no pool, likewise the lido near the Fortizza also at Ghar-id-dud.

At Qui-si-sana there are pools with loungers.

Good luck

london
Level Contributor
416 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun bathing in Silema Malta

Another option is to take a bus to one of the beach resorts for the day, if I am correct you should be able to catch a bus near your hotel direct to some of them or if not change in Valetta,

Reply to: Sun bathing in Silema Malta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Il Gzira