We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling on my own

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling on my own

Does anybody have any idea how to get to CR from London without going through The US? Would I be able to find places to stay once I got there or would I need to book accomadation in advance? I don't drive. All ideas considered. Would be (hopefully) next Feb/March.

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travelling on my own

You can also fly into Frankfurt and take Condor all the way to San Jose. Some of their flights stop over in the Dom. Rep. while others are non-stop.

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travelling on my own

Frankfurt? That is a crazy idea! It is competley in the wrong direction! Thanks for the thought, anyway.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
17,358 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Travelling on my own

Not as crazy as it appears. It is all about the price isn't it? Otherwise Iberia / Madrid is the nearest airport with direct flights to San Jose, and it is in the right direction.

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Travelling on my own

Have discovered that I can get a flight to Mexico City, from Heathrow, pos. spend a couple of days there (Hattie says they have great food!), and then get another flight from there, but as you said, it's all about the price. Still, I have 9-10 months to make my mind. I think that KLM might fly direct from Amsterdam but will have to check.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
wigan uk
Level Contributor
718 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Travelling on my own

First Choice/Thomson flights finish in April and will not be going again next year

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Travelling on my own

sounds strange - my flight was packed full. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves so can't understand why they only did it for one year. Maybe they'll come up with something different to try out next year. Kat

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Travelling on my own

I'm in UK so I would be going the wrong way if I have to get to mainland Europe. What is Slovenia like? You have great countryside don't you? I sometimes like to go into Europe for a week during the summer if it is a bit chilly or wet in England. I am considering a trip round Central/Eastern Europe by public transport at sometime.

18. Re: Travelling on my own

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, October 21, 2012