We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol at RIU Guanacaste

Cary, Illinois
4 posts
Save Topic
Alcohol at RIU Guanacaste

What the brands of vodka and whiskey and bourbon?

Brands of wine?

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
913 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol at RIU Guanacaste

I haven't been so I am not an authority; but I've read here many times that they are off/off brands. Way off. Hopefully someone who has been, will chime in here. We are planning on stopping at a liquor store prior to our arrival at the hotel. We have always stayed at Riu Palaces before and even they only had brand liquors at the lobby bar.

White Rock, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol at RIU Guanacaste

I'm here at the Riu now. Its a beautiful resort. If you like your wine pick some up before you get here or take a short trip to the market in Coco Beach for a descent selection. I also found a good selections of wine at the Coco Beach hotel (Had a great breakfast there as well).

The Rui has a horrible wine selection; your choice will be, red swill or white swill.

As far as the harder stuff goes as long as it's in a margarita, Bloody Mary or any other mixed drink I can't tell the difference. Bring a larger mug, the cups are on the small size so you'll be making less trips to the bars.

Loving it here!

Edited: 7:17 pm, January 05, 2011
Collingwood, Canada
Level Contributor
518 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol at RIU Guanacaste

the wine is that bad?

oh no.

Costa Rica isn't far from Panama and they had wonderful wines. I wonder why the Riu can't?

What were the names of the wine/grapes? Perhaps it was just your personal taste?

wigan uk
Level Contributor
718 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcohol at RIU Guanacaste

There were international as well as national drinks there - they were local brands in your room - but defo J & B - smirnoff vodka - if you ask they will tell you what brands they have

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcohol at RIU Guanacaste

Try the vodka with watermelon juice and crushed ice. Armando in the Sports Bar does a great one - really thirst quenching

6. Re: Alcohol at RIU Guanacaste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 22, 2012