We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just booked

Which Pantai Cenang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
just booked

Just booked a 2 week stay at Casa Del Mar in March..We are first time visitors to Malaysia.

What are the 3 must do things and where do we just have to eat?

Thanks n advance for your help.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,561 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just booked

Hi

Three must do things are the cable car, a mangrove trip and a sailing trip.

Where to eat? Eat at La Sal, which is at Casa del Mar!! Privilege at Telaga Harbour and The Cliff. Although there are loads of restaurants which are good.

You will have an amazing time staying at Casa. Great hotel.

Lesley

Edited: 4:44 pm, December 06, 2013
buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just booked

Thanks Lesley

Cardiff
Level Contributor
587 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just booked

We stayed at Casa Del Mar in 2012, it is a wonderful hotel. Hire a car and travel around the Island. It is beautiful around the Berjaya. Mangrove tour & cable car are good trips. The Cliff ia a great restaurant also Nam @ the Bonton & the Orchid Ria is pretty cheap & cheerful.

Kuala Lumpur...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: just booked

Head to the beach, join a mangrove boat tour and hire a car to tour around the island.

Three weeks is just nice to explore the island entirely, I hope:)

Simon Lee

Melaka, Malaysia
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just booked

2 weeks? Wow! That ia a lot of time to spent For 3 top places, I would recommend:

1. Payar Island.. (the best place for snorkeling.. just choose the rm100/pax package instead of the more expensive ones.. coz it is more less the same).

2. Mangrove tour..the full package :)

3.The Langkawi Cable car.. but unfortunately the best part which is the hanging platform is closed for maintenance and they didn't really say when it will be reopened.

4. The waterfallls... everyone of them.

Well I guess that is four :)

Foodwise... I would suggest u try everything.. even a small eating place might surprise u.. but u might wanna try "hafiz rojak". I can't really pin point the location but what i can tell is after u reached the cable car... on your way down.. the will be a food van on your right side of the road.... the Rojak is pretty awesome there..

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just booked

Thanks for the tips

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just booked

We just stayed at Casa del Mar and loved it!! Definitely do the cable car. Pay the extra 50MYR to go on the express Lane and skip the queues.

The restaurant at Casa del mar is first class. Amazing food and service. Orkid ria is great for seafood. If you want really authentic and cheap local food then ask at reception where the night markets are on that night. Get a taxi to the night markets and enjoy a unique and local experience.

Edited: 12:20 am, December 21, 2013
perth
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just booked

Hello Gangaman,

There is also the option to catch a ferry or plane to Penang to have a look around for maybe your next trip to Malaysia?

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just booked

Thanks for your responses. definitely decided to rent a car, that seems the way to go and will check out all your recommendations.

Edited: 5:35 pm, January 04, 2014
10. Re: just booked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 06, 2015