We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pantai Cenang vs Penang

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Pantai Cenang vs Penang

Hi there,

My friends and I (mid-20s) are planning to visit Cenang in early January. We are after a nice beach, nice accommodation (but not too expensive - around $100-150 AUD per room per night) and a good balance of activities and relaxing (half time just laying on the beach and the other half shopping, day-trips, drinks at bars, etc).

I'm wondering if Cenang would be the best choice for this, or would we be better off visiting Penang? We will have around five nights to spend at one of these places at the end of our trip.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pantai Cenang vs Penang

Cenang is far from town centre, quiet and offers more green. Cafe n shops r within reach . Thus I would prefer Cenang.

KL
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pantai Cenang vs Penang

It depends on yr preferences.

Edited: 1:12 am, July 16, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pantai Cenang vs Penang

Great, thanks Awang. I think we will go for Cenang, as I just started doing some research into Koh Lipe (which looks amazing) and we might split our time between the two places (easier to do from Langkawi than Penang).

Can't wait!

Tioman Island...
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pantai Cenang vs Penang

langkawi offers a great range of hotels for far less then your budget. Koh Lipe wlll be a great spot for partying and is a lot more lively then pantai Cenag, think full moon parties, great Thai food etc. Easy accesss form feery form Telaga harbor in the north part of Langkawi.

5. Re: Pantai Cenang vs Penang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 18, 2013