We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best choice of restaurant/bar for birthday celebration

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best choice of restaurant/bar for birthday celebration

We are a group who will be in Pantai Chenang in September and celebrating a 50th birthday.I wondered if anyone can recommend a restaurant that's good for a special occasion? Thanks

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best choice of restaurant/bar for birthday celebration

Thanks Liz for your help, have emailed Casa Del Mar and it sounds and looks beautiful, but maybe a bit over-the-top for us.I'll check the other one out too

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best choice of restaurant/bar for birthday celebration

Hi Liz

As you are an 8 time visitor to Langkawi - and I have never been (planning a trip next year)....can you recommend some good hotels to stay in?

There is a small group of us going and I would like a relaxed style hotel (not over the top upmarket) that perhaps has a great pool area and swim up pool bar....or even a nice gazebo in the grounds to sit and chill and have a group catch-up!

Do you have a favourite? I find the reviews for the most popular hotels have a lot of negative about tired, old looking hotels.

If you can assist, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks Liz

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,540 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best choice of restaurant/bar for birthday celebration

Hi

Not sure what sort of budget you are looking at but for what you want I would recommend either the Berjaya or Pelangi.

Lesley

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best choice of restaurant/bar for birthday celebration

Hi Lesley

Budget pretty flexible-compared to what we are paying in Perth, Australia at the moment, anything would have to be more reasonable in price!

Thanks for the suggestions-much appreciated.

Sue

NEW ZEALAND
Level Contributor
296 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best choice of restaurant/bar for birthday celebration

Hi

Have just returned from Langkawi.Had a nice meal at the Bon Ton.

They have several old style houses made into private bars and outdoor dining options for groups.We had the Malaysian taster platter.Nice deserts.Australian owner.

The place has a village feel with open sided dining room.

Must like cats and dogs as they laze on the floor as you eat but not in your face.

Attached shop full of interesting crafts .

Happy Birthday

Regards

KIWIKEITH

Edited: 12:22 am, July 17, 2012
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best choice of restaurant/bar for birthday celebration

Hi Kiwi Keith

Thanks for your reply - much appreciated. I will look into those houses/private bars at Bon Ton...sounds perfect!

Did you enjoy Langkawi as much as you hoped?

Are there a few interesting things to do over there?

Can I ask you where you stayed and what you also thought of it?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
137 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best choice of restaurant/bar for birthday celebration

Hi Means-2-end. We visited Langkawi in 2010 and will be back in 2013. We also ate at Bon Ton on the recommendation of the concierge at the Four Seasons. It was just as Kiwi Keith says. Very relaxed and yummy. If they still do the macadamia pudding you must try it....heaven! Must things to do are the Cable Car, sunset cruise on a yacht, mangrove tour with a good naturalist and just being lazy and indulging in spa treatments and poolside cocktails! BTW - if your budget can stretch to the Four Seasons it is divine.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best choice of restaurant/bar for birthday celebration

Hi Laurie

I hope your 50th went well...where did you end up having it?

I am most interested due to planning my own 50th and knowing nothing about Langkawi.

As you have just come back from langkawi...would you still recommend the beach garden resort? A lot of comments on trip advisor mention run down hotels over there.

Would be interested in your feedback?

Is beach garden on the beach?..and what are the rooms like?

Appreciate your advice thanks Laurie.

Sue

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Best choice of restaurant/bar for birthday celebration

Hi Sue..Yes we just came back from our holiday in Malaysia.This was the 2nd time we stayed at the Beach Garden Resort. We went there with about 10 of our friends to celebrate 3 x 50th birthdays. I love the place.It is literally right on the beach. It is simple, but very clean and so relaxing.The resort also has a restaurant/bar which is on the beach.The breakfasts are served (a choice of about 7 breakfasts are offered). Wolfgang ,the owner, and I wrote so many emails to each other before our visit organising the birthday dinner which their Swiss chef JJ did for us. He was so accommodating and generous with the menu.And the feast that they prepared for us was sensational.We requested Malaysian food for this.I think it was one of,if not, THE best meal I have ever had.I just can't recommend it highly enough.The bathrooms in the rooms are basic, but clean.The location is perfect on a clean beach and situated in "town". All of our friends were thrilled with the place too. And I will remember that special dinner night as a great memory.The rate is very cheap too....no-one could ask for more.....Hope this rave session has helped you!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Best choice of restaurant/bar for birthday celebration

Hi Mullos

Just wondering where you chose for your 50th celebrations and was the food any good?

Mine is in July this year.....so keen to hear.

Cheers

Means2end

Get answers to your questions about Pantai Cenang