We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental 100myr per day?

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
car rental 100myr per day?

hi all,

been looking around for rental cars, kasina came back with a price of 100myr per day for a proton saga 1.3 manual.

i have always seen rates of about 60myr per day, i know its for over the xmas period but 66% price increase !!!

what prices have other people been getting?

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: car rental 100myr per day?

google search: indra car hire langkawi will show the website

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: car rental 100myr per day?

we do not reserve a car in advance. it has not ever been an issue. the advance prices may well be higher than walk-up prices.

pam

Windsor and...
Level Contributor
363 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: car rental 100myr per day?

I got a quotation from Indratt over christmas and the cheapest is 100 rm per day.

We expected lower prices as last time we paid 55 (which came to 9 GBP per day) - now it is over 20 as the exchange rate is worse. I know it was few year ago but we are now deciding if it will be better for us just to take the occasional taxi.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: car rental 100myr per day?

are any of you listening? !!!!!

internet prices are more expensive than just rocking up. the prices on the ground have not changed much in all the time we have been going. the smallest cars with manual transmission are still rm50-55 per day.

pam

Windsor and...
Level Contributor
363 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: car rental 100myr per day?

To Pam:

Yes, we are listening but if you check all the post regarding Car hire over Christmas, they ALL recommend pre-booking as it is their super peak season!!

That's why we were discussing it here as we are both going to Langkawi over Christmas and we both feel that the rise in cost is too much. That's all, you do not have to get upset :)

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: car rental 100myr per day?

zabka i have just read all the replies again. there are non from people who use indra.

now: here's the thing. i note from your reply you are thinking of hiring taxis rather than paying £20 a day in advance. that being the case, you have nothing to lose by rocking up to the counter on arrival and checking out both availability and price.

there will almost certainly be cars available. the 'super-peak' is right now, with LIMA, and no-one has come on shouting about no cars yet...

btw; the prices you are talking about, rm100-120 per day, are exactly what the web prices are all year round.

pam

Windsor and...
Level Contributor
363 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: car rental 100myr per day?

Hi Pam,

thank you for your reply. I was just a bit worried as I asked previously on Tripadvisor (different thread) and these are just some of the comments that I received as reply:

It is always better to be safe than sorry as the dates given is a super peak season.

Already you pay far more than last year at this time, do the booking right away.

Do book it in advance!

etc...

I discussed it with my husband and we will wait until we arrive at Langkawi and if the worse come to the worse, we will do loads of walking or using the taxis :) I am sure that we will have great time any way we travel.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,014 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: car rental 100myr per day?

This year is crazy!

I would recommend to book in advance! This year is just not comparable to the last, believe me.

Langkawi is overbooked and so are the cars! You might be lucky to get a car but I would rather spend a few dollars more to have a trustworthy, insured car with a company that is reliable than wasting my time on trying to safe a few bugs.

Again, Langkawi is full and there will be a shortage for cars and the prices are much higher than last year.

Eva

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: car rental 100myr per day?

hi Eva,

do you know what the companies are asking per day when you just turn up at the counter?

20. Re: car rental 100myr per day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, June 22, 2013