We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation/Guide

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation/Guide

Hi, I will be at Pantai Cenang on 14th May and staying 4 nights on Langkawi. I would like to have a friend/guide with local knowledge to recommend accomodation (not sure to stay in Pantai Cenang or Kuah?) and to help me get the best enjoyment of my short holiday in Langkawi before I attend a wedding in Maur and then return to Australia. If there is anyone who may have a little spare time and can show me around I would be very grateful and would happy to pay reasonable expenses etc and perhaps return the favour should you visit Adelaide, Australia sometime in the future :)

Thank you,

Warren

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation/Guide

Hi Warren,

Will pass the word around. I am sure there'll be someone who will be glad to do that :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation/Guide

Hi Baskie,

Thank you so much for that. I would love to hear from someone who could spare the time to show me around, where to eat & what to do etc :)

Cheers

Warren

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation/Guide

Dear Warren,

I would not like to stay in Kuah as a tourist. The little capital is rather boring and has no beach. Pantai Cenang is more lively and has far more options for restaurants of all kinds an nice bars.

You don't say anything about your budget but check out Sunset Beach Resort, Beach Garden, Pondok Keladi. If you can spend more, check out Pelangi and Casa del Mar.

The list is very incomplete.

Eva

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation/Guide

Hi Eva,

Thank you so much for your reply, I have had a quick look at your suggestions and it looks like either Sunset Beach or Beach Garden might be the most suitable for me. I will investigate further and see what they may have available 14-17/5.

Do you know anyone who may have the time available (or business) who may be able to act as a guide/driver/friend etc as I would love to explore around the Island and be shown the places to visit/where to eat etc (and would be happy to pay reasonable costs)? I guess I could probably find myself around and usually would but as I am only there for a short time I thought it might be a good idea to "team up" with a local to see as much as possible.....................

Again, thank you for your help and guidance :)

Cheers

Warren

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation/Guide

Dear Warren,

the island is really easy to get around. But I have discussed your topic just now with my secretary. She knows someone but could not give me any details yet. Did you decide where you will be staying?

Eva

Perth
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation/Guide

Depending on your budget Sunset resort is probably a 2.5 star. I was there early this month.

Perth
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation/Guide

Depending on your budget Sunset resort is probably a 2.5 star. I was there early this month.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation/Guide

Hi Eva,

Thank you for your help. I would be very keen to hear from you secretary's connection/friend if they were available during that time (even if it is only for a day to drive around and have a look-see).

I'm leaning toward the Sunset Beach Resort at the moment (I am looking at their top room/s so should be OK?) I think it will be a bit quieter which would suit me but I do realise it is "stand alone" accommodation without a lot of facilities which doesn't really worry me too much. Beach Garden looks good too (especially the food....................) so I'm still labouring over a decision :)

Once again, thank you for your guidance & help

Cheers

Warren

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation/Guide

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your post. I'm looking at Sunset Beach and also Beach Garden.

Did you happen to be in one of the "Sunset 1" rooms with the inside/outside shower (I like the look of that one and it seems quite reasonable at MYA250/night?)

2.5* will be OK as long as its clean & quiet but close enough to check out the activity/restaurants etc.

Did you enjoy your stay there?

Trusting you had a great holiday anyway,

Cheers

Warren

Perth
Level Contributor
57 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation/Guide

Yes its clean, rather small rooms , very very quiet the beach is quite nice

Get answers to your questions about Pantai Cenang