We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pantai Cenang restaurants

Which Pantai Cenang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bendigo
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pantai Cenang restaurants

Just wanted to find out if the holiday villa beach resort is within walking distance to the restaurants and shops at Pantai Cenang. We have kids aged 4 and 5 so don't want to walk too far. Which of the places on that strip are really close to the restaurants as we like to try the local restaurants rather than eat in the resorts all the time.

Thank you everyone!

Carla

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pantai Cenang restaurants

It used to take me 15 / 20 mins to walk. Im slow walker like your little ones.

I would suggest you hire a car for your stay. Would make life a lot easier for your kids and therefore you. Very easy to drive around Langkawi. I saw a Mum always sitting in the back with her kids, while Dad did the driving, good idea as you wont have proper car seats for the kids.

But you dont need to walk to Pantai Cenang to eat, theres lots of good restaurants a lot closer to Holiday Villa.

Cheers. Danuta.

Edited: 3:52 am, March 01, 2011
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,561 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pantai Cenang restaurants

Hi

If you do not want to go to the trouble of hiring a car, taxis are pleantyful and quite cheap. It will not cost very much from Holiday Villa to one of the many restaurants in Pantai Cenang.

Remember, it is very hot and humid and your kids (and you), may find this very tiring - I know I do!

Lesley

KV
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pantai Cenang restaurants

Personally, I recommend Sawadee Thai Restaurant for the authentic Thai fare. Within walking distance (1.3km) from Holiday Villa. Located near the junction at Aseania Resort

however you'll still find plenty of stalls and restaurants across the street from Holiday Villa, so you'll not be really out of choice though.

Edited: 8:37 am, March 01, 2011
Bendigo
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pantai Cenang restaurants

Thank you for the replies-much appreciated. I am happy with a few eating choices outside the resort and happy to get cabs into the main Pantai Cenang eating areas.

Cheers

Carla

Bendigo
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pantai Cenang restaurants

Further to my previous question, as I am coffee lover I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to get a decent latte in the Pantai Cenang area? What would it cost as a matter of interest?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
98 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pantai Cenang restaurants

Hi - you can get a latte at the Big Apple Donuts cafe (it's more like a kiosk) on Pantai Cenang. They have a small variety of lattes. Of course there is also a Starbucks but that's far away in Kuah (45 mins drive). Alternatively, The Loaf at Telaga Harbour may have lattes too, but not too sure...

Helsinki
Level Contributor
439 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pantai Cenang restaurants

This coffee shop is just across the road from Holiday Villa:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298283-d186…

I have not tried their latte so I don't know how much it cost.

Edited: 7:23 am, March 02, 2011
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,533 posts
1,683 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pantai Cenang restaurants

The Cactus opposite the hotel also does a range of premium coffees.

9. Re: Pantai Cenang restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 23, 2012