We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa del Mar + jet ski's / noise

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
79 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Casa del Mar + jet ski's / noise

Hi,

Thinking of staying at the Casa del Mar - is the jet ski place still next door ?

Just read a review about the noise that comes from the jet ski place - loud radio's and motorbikes etc going all day long making the CDM a noisy place to stay, not the quiet relaxed place we were hoping for.

Would love to hear from anyone who has recently stayed there please.

Langkawi Scuba
Scuba & Snorkeling
Langkawi Mangrove Tour by Bard
Fishing Charters & Tours, Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Eco Tours
Chesterfield
Level Contributor
267 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa del Mar + jet ski's / noise

A friend of mine stayed there back in Oct and was not impressed. He mentioned the fact that the beach in front had many 4x4 driving along it and that it was quite noisy.

He was let down very badly by the hotel after a very sentimental personal item went missing from his room that he never got back which is a crying shame.

His stay at the CDM put him off ever returning to Langkawi which is a great shame.

The CDM has excellent reports though so you should draw your own conclusions.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
79 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa del Mar + jet ski's / noise

Many thanks for your reply. Whilst the CDM does have great reviews, you have confirmed what we thought . The experience of staying in such a lovely hotel will be totally spoilt by the noise & intrusion of jet skis etc.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
11,105 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa del Mar + jet ski's / noise

Hi

What about staying at The Datai? They have non-motorised sports on their beach.....

Lesley

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,191 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa del Mar + jet ski's / noise

Dear Brian,

no words can express how much I hate the f..ing jet-skies. Potential killers and the most redicules entertainment ever. They are the reason why I do not anchor in front of Cenang beach anymore. 2 of them ran into my boat and a paraglider almost got killed as he was an inch away from my mast. But CdM is still a beautiful place and worth a vistit. I go there or to Beach Garden very often and not even me it really disturbed. But if you want to make sure you are not disturbed at all, check out Bon Ton/Temple Tree, 4 Seasons, Tanjung Rhu and Westin.

Eva

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa del Mar + jet ski's / noise

We stayed at CDM back in October and I must say there wasn't a problem with noise. I dislike jetskies and all those other things that go on along the beach as I like my peace and quiet but I must say I was able to relax fully whilst lying on the beach every day. In my opinion CDM is a fantastic place to stay and a haven of peace and tranquility. We had 2 beachfront rooms and were never bothered by noise from the beach. OK its not a deserted beach as its popular but if you want total seclusion then maybe you should take Evas advice and look at those other hotels. At the end of the day only you can decide but I hope this helps.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
79 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa del Mar + jet ski's / noise

Thank you for all the feedback, much appreciated.

Whilst it now appears that the jet ski's themselves may not be too much of a problem, I was also concerned about the review that commented on the noise / music coming from the radios' at the jet ski hire place which is immediately next door to the CdM - and is still there - and could be heard when sitting around the pool.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa del Mar + jet ski's / noise

To be truthful we never heard any music but then we always sat on the beachfront in front of our rooms rather than at the pool but did use the pool and I never noticed any loud music. We stayed on the left side as you look out at the sea from CDM so I believe that is the opposite end from the jet ski place. Like I said we always found it very peaceful whilst being close to all the restaurants etc. I think my adult daughters summed it up as "Perfect" it was their first visit there and they can't wait to go back.

8. Re: Casa del Mar + jet ski's / noise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:47 am, January 15, 2011
9. Re: Casa del Mar + jet ski's / noise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 16, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Pantai Cenang