We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysia-July/ August?

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysia-July/ August?

I'm not mad -just a teacher who can't go at any other time! What can I expect from the weather in July- August?

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
55 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Malaysia-July/ August?

I just booked a flight to Kuching for August...there is a direct flight from Penang on Air Asia. I think about 2 hours. Pretty inexpensive too. But there is a big music festival there in July. Looking at hotel prices....well....:( But you can also get to and from Penang/ Langkawi on Air Asia and firefly....Oh and I got gobs of info about Kuching / Sarawak from their forum. Pretty cool indeed.

Mentioned in this post
Penang
Penang
Malaysia
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Malta
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Malaysia-July/ August?

Hi folks...will be visiting Malaysia, Bali and fly back home from Singapore. We are more into cultural and traditional activities rather than beaches altough we won't mind a couple of times snorkelling...the more reviews I read the more confised I become...any suggestions please..I plan to stay in Malaysia for around ten days...thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,305 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Malaysia-July/ August?

Dear Slo,

I really liked Malacca although it is about 5 years ago that I have been there. Penang is great as well. More Chinese than Malay. A lot of temples and historical things to see.

Langkawi has not much culture to offer. Our beauty is related to nature and the water. But keep in mind that the water around here is murky - not for snorkeling. You would have to go to Pulau Payar, the marine park. But that might even be easier from Penang!

Eva

Mentioned in this post
Penang
Penang
Malaysia
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
14. Re: Malaysia-July/ August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:36 am, December 16, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Pantai Cenang