We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opening Market time Kuah/Pantai Cenang

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Opening Market time Kuah/Pantai Cenang

What time is the market is open in Kuah and Pantai Cenang? Morning and evening? What time is the best to go and do some shopping (suveneirs/food)

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,380 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opening Market time Kuah/Pantai Cenang

Dear Stankevickarolina,

the night market moves around the island. In Kuah on Wednesdays and Saturdays. On Thursday in Pagan Matsirat. about the other days I am not sure.

It starts around 6ish and goes till about 9.30 I think.

Morning markets are mainly to buy fruits, veggies, fish and meat.

Eva

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
567 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opening Market time Kuah/Pantai Cenang

Hi Stankevickarolina,

Panti Cenang markets are on a Thursday evening, starting around 5.00pm.

They are about a 20 minute walk from the restaurant/bar strip in Cenang. There are always lots of taxis there.

As Eva said they are basically for locals to buy fresh fruit and veg and some yummy local food.

Good to visit, but you can "sample and see" in around 1 hour, then head on into Cenang for the evening.

The operating hours for Kuah Town markets are as per Eva has already said. They are much larger than Cenang markets and in my opinion more to see.

Best place on the island to buy local art, pottery, painting, jewlery, batik & lots of other "made in Langkawi" items is the Arts Complex.

It is a great place to call into if you plan on going to Tanjung Rhu . They are open 7 days a week from around 1000 to 1800

cheers Janet

Reply to: Opening Market time Kuah/Pantai Cenang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kuah