We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad experience at Hotel Seiser Alm Urthaler - misleading pub

Ladenburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bad experience at Hotel Seiser Alm Urthaler - misleading pub

The hotel Seiser Alm Urthaler is not what it says it is in it's publicity. In their brochure and website they describe a "quality hotel, with, privacy, calm and in the nature" In reality, it is in the middle of the village, surrounded on two sides by busy roads, including a busy ski bus stop right in front of our room, and by other buildings on the other sides. No privacy in the pool area as it looks onto a road that has a constant flow of vehicle and foot traffic. The quality is compromised by things like cheap, non-adjusting lounge chairs, canned fruit on the breakfast buffet, etc.

All of this at rip-off prices when you consider the value of what you get for what they charge. On top of that, if you complain, the management is very defensive and tell you that you are wrong and all their other guests are satisfied (not the case from others we spoke to). How would they know when there are no feedback forms supplied to guests. An experience to be avoided. The new Gold Kopf hotel in the area looks much more like what the Seiser Alm claim to be.

Yaxley, Suffolk
Level Contributor
608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bad experience at Hotel Seiser Alm Urthaler - misleading pub

I agree that the quote of privacy and calm is misleading. I walked past the hotel several times during my week long ski trip. I must admit that it does look like a very nice hotel in a very convenient poistion for the ski slopes and ski schools. However I certainly wouldn't pay the prices they are charging, no matter how good the location is.

If you do want a hotel that is well away from the village then yes the Goldknopf would be ideal. In fact you can't actually drive to the hotel in WInter time. You have to park at the car park of the Hotel Ritsch and get picked up by Sno Kat and taken to the hotel. Perfect place to stay if your not concerned about going anywhere in the evening. Your only means of transport from this hotel is to ski.

2. Re: Bad experience at Hotel Seiser Alm Urthaler - misleading pub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, October 17, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Alpe di Siusi
More Alpe di Siusi Topics