We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Potami

Great Wakering...
Level Contributor
2 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Potami

Hi just wondering if anyone has been to Potami taverna just outside Alykes this year. When I visited in May it was getting ready to open but not quite ready. It looked like different people getting it ready. Does anyone know if Effi is still there or are there new owners. Just love this place one of our favourites and looking forward to visiting when back in September. Thanks

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,197 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Potami

Lovely Taverna with equally lovely food, I too hope the regular crew are there this Season, Effi is lovely I'm back across to the island very soon and certainly will be calling in there for a meal or two.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Potami

I've just got back from Alykes, Potami is my favourite taverna too! I was looking forward to seeing Effi again, unfortunately her partner said she had some family problems and she was spending time with her family in Athens.

The food and service were still excellent, but I did miss Effi!

Have a great time x

Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Potami

Just got back from last meal there before we go home tomorrow. Excellent food and very good value sure to be on my list when we come back next year.

Great Wakering...
Level Contributor
2 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Potami

Thanks very much for all your replies. Hope all is well with Effi and her family.

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Potami

We went in 2014 it was very good and a nice host who really made a fuss of you. Nice location.

6. Re: Potami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 15, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Alykes
Recent Conversations
More Alykes Topics