We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney House or Emily Studios?

Which Alykes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney House or Emily Studios?

Has anyone stayed at either or both of these?

I am staying in Alykes next year for 6 months with my partner and son. We have received good prices for two bed apt from both places but are struggling to make our minds up.

From photos, I do prefer the look of Emily but Sydney house has better reviews. I say that but I can't really find many online at all for either place and especially not recently. Sydney house, however, has more good than bad and Emily has more bad than good.

Anyone have any experiences of these places? The good thing about Sydney House is that it is pay monthly and a small deposit so if we decided we don't like it we can find alternative accomodation. I LOVE the look of Emily but its the reviews that's stopping me! If anyone has any experiences of either that would be great.

Thanks!

Hull England
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney House or Emily Studios?

Hi

We have just come back from Alykes and had a look around Sydney apartments. They are spacious and the garden leads onto the stoney beach (sandy once in the sea) yards from a sandy beach. They are 'Greek' basic but have all the usual facilities from what we were shown. They are owned by the supermarket owners and are very close to restaurants and quiet bars

Kent
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney House or Emily Studios?

We stayed at Emily for 3yrs. Fabulous views and ideal for the beach. The 2bed studio on 1st floor is spacious and has balcony on both sides which is handy. Could have been a bit cleaner, and things a bit rusty, but nice to have bath and shower and separate kitchen. Don't know Sydney so can't comment.

Wherever you stay you will love Alykes.

Enjoy!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney House or Emily Studios?

Thanks for your replies!

Unfortunately we just missed out on the apartment at Emily and the studios just won't be big enough so we paid the deposit for an apartment at Sydney last week!

Seen some great reviews and only a couple of bad/average ones so I'm pretty excite! Just counting down the weeks now ... :-)

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney House or Emily Studios?

Hi I've stayed at Sydney the family are so welcoming the rooms typical Greek would def recommend going there .iv never stayed in Emily so I can't comment but I'm sure there would not much between them . Hope you find what you looking for. Sue

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney House or Emily Studios?

Hi

Can I ask how much per month, even if approx, u will b paying for a long term let? Just that I may do exactly the same thing for 6 months this year!!! Thanks!

6. Re: Sydney House or Emily Studios?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 08, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Alykes
Recent Conversations
More Alykes Topics