We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of meals

Which Sveti Vlas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Cost of meals

Hi,

My family and I will be visiting St Vlas in july for our 10 day summer holiday. We are really looking forward to visiting bulgaria for the 1st time and have heard nothing but good reports about the country. We are a family of four and are wondering what to expect in terms of prices for family meals compared to british prices.

We are also wondering if anybody can recommend any traditional bulgarian meals for us to try. Well me and my wife to be fare. Kids may not be to keen.

Kind regards

Paul

Edited: 12:08 pm, April 06, 2012
Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of meals

Hi Tigs.

you will find that eating out in Bulgaria can be unbelievably cheap if you decide to go the Marina in St Vlas then the opposite will be the case but eat in the restrauants in the village and you will have no problems dishes to try are Shopska salad, Kavarma either pork or chicken, mishmash, Russian salad to name a few.

Robbie

Edited: 12:22 pm, April 06, 2012
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of meals

tigsthecat

Lets say your spending money will go further in Bulgaria than in other popular european holiday destinations. As in all placesthough if you are eating around a Marina area prices do increase but nevertheless still cheaper than other countries. I am sure you will enjoy your holiday. People return again and again so that speaks for itself.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
220 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of meals

We are a family of 5 and have been to Vlas for the last 6 years. Last year we ate mainly in the village and paid anthing between 40 and 120lv for an evening meal including drinks for all 5 of us (40lv = £20 approx).

I can recommend the Central in St Vlas square and also the "chicken place" which is on the main street on the walk up to the square from the Marina area. Sorry don't know it's name but it has spit roast chickens outside. This was our favourite last year. My boys shared a 1/2 roast chick and chips which cost 8lv from memory. Also the "Waterfall" restaurant which is up a street just off the main walk to the square (one of the staff stands at the bottom of the street trying to persuade you to go up and I would definitely recommend it).

In terms of dishes I agree with stefburgas and also try the "satch" which comes on a hot skillet and is usually shared between 2 people. Comes in chicken or pork or veg variations.

My own view of the Marina restuarants is that they are not any cheaper than eating out in the UK and you can get as good a meal in the village for a fraction of the price.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of meals

Thank you all for your recommendations and advice

Really appreciate your responses

Really looking forward to our holiday and will definitely try your recommendations and give you some fees back.

Kind regards

Paul

5. Re: Cost of meals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, July 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sveti Vlas