We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunny Beach or Sveti Vlas to spend our days!?

Surrey
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sunny Beach or Sveti Vlas to spend our days!?

Hi there,

My friend and I with our 11 year old boys are visiting Bulgaria in August for the very first time! Reading the forums here it would appear Sunny Beach is a very busy place whereas Sveti Vlas is a little quiter - which is probably what we would prefer. Can anyone please let me know whether there is a big difference between the two areas? Any recommendations on eating out also would be most appreciated.

We are staing at a place called NessebarView which we think isnt far from either place.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Ali x

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunny Beach or Sveti Vlas to spend our days!?

Some info/pictures of the complex here.

holiday-rentals.co.uk/Bulgaria/…map

The 2 resorts are chalk and cheese with SB being a vibrant place with lots to do whereas St.Vlas is very relaxing and doesn't attract lots of the younger element. It has a beautiful harbour although the road leading down to it is steep.

I notice on the map that your complex is in a remote location heading out to the village of Kosharitsa. Local bus will take you to SB.

Surrey
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunny Beach or Sveti Vlas to spend our days!?

Thank you for that info, that is helpful and I feel Sveti Vlas will be better for us.

Surrey
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunny Beach or Sveti Vlas to spend our days!?

Thank you for that info, that is helpful and I feel Sveti Vlas will be better for us.

Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
4,525 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunny Beach or Sveti Vlas to spend our days!?

You will also enjoy Nessibar which is a 'must see'. If you like a relaxed holiday might I suggest a visit to a 'real' Bulgarian village. There are tours from S/B although these do cater for the tourists.

I think one other place to visit is Kamchia. Buses run from the station in S/B and take about 1 hour(ish). There are some great places to eat overlooking the river. Google it...you won't be disappointed.

You are also in striking distance of Varna and Bourgas - both worth a day trip.

Try to learn a few words of the lingo (Hello/thanks etc).....it will go along way !

Enjoy your first visit to BG. I am sure you will fall in love with the country and the people.

Best,

Paul

Surrey
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunny Beach or Sveti Vlas to spend our days!?

Paul, thank you too for your post, definitely want to see some real Bulgaria. Will also have a go at learning a few Bulgarian words !

Once again thank you for these helpful pointers.

Ali x

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunny Beach or Sveti Vlas to spend our days!?

We love to head into the Square in St Vlas, there is a lovely restaurant just opposite the bus stop called Garana and it's a must for us every year.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunny Beach or Sveti Vlas to spend our days!?

Gerana is definitely one of the best in Vlas.

(or Tepaha as a lot of the brits who can't read the cyrillic call it :)

8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunny Beach or Sveti Vlas to spend our days!?

Hi girls, I am also staying in Sveti-Vlas from 26th August. I prefer Sveti to Sunny Beach. It's ok to visit SB a couple of times during the holiday but I prefer the quiet of Sveti. I love it up in the square. I love the marina but find the food in the restaurants down there are more expensive and not as good as the places in the square and roundabout. I am also on here to get recommendations of nice places to eat. It has a lovely little beach. I am staying at the Chateau Nessevar Appartments.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunny Beach or Sveti Vlas to spend our days!?

One that is getting great word of mouth reviews this year is the restaurant in the Compass complex.

It is under new management lots of friends saying the food is really nice, and they were having to pre-book sometimes.

It`s only about two complexes up from where you are staying, before going up metal staircase to main road its the complex on your right.

Had some really nice food in the Diamond complex which is a couple of streets down from you towards the marina.

8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunny Beach or Sveti Vlas to spend our days!?

Ah thanks - that's really helpful. I will check them out.

Get answers to your questions about Sveti Vlas