We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fernbahnoff - frankfurt airport

Which Geisenheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
doha
9 posts
Save Topic
fernbahnoff - frankfurt airport

Hi there,

I am arriving into Frankfurt Main Airport on 12.08.2012 at 7:00 a.m. and need to procced to the long distance railways station.

Is it easy to find? I am told FRA is like a maze...can i find the fernbahnof by the signs, if they are in eglish that is...

Pls help

Thanks

34 replies to this topic
Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: fernbahnoff - frankfurt airport

Frankfurt might be a maze but one that is well signposted. All you have to do is follow the signs. Signy mostly use symbols/pictograms. For emergencies there are information counters everywhere.

2. Re: fernbahnoff - frankfurt airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:31 am, July 28, 2012
Edited: 6:31 am, July 28, 2012

3. Re: fernbahnoff - frankfurt airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:31 am, July 28, 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,191 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fernbahnoff - frankfurt airport

Follow the signs to either the Sheraton Hotel as it is along the way or the long-distance train station. From Terminal 1 you will first have to go up and then past the Sheraton and continue on before you can descend to track level. You may see a few strange signs along the way such as an arrow that slants partway upward that means that a level change (e.g. elevator) is needed besides that turn.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: fernbahnoff - frankfurt airport

I have always found my way in Frankfurt Airport.

Personal attack has been reported.

doha
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: fernbahnoff - frankfurt airport

Thanks guys for your prompt respnses,,,,

its just that this is my first trip to Europe and had i been exiting frankfurt airport it would'nt have posed a problem since i'd have to just exit after immigration, baggage claim and customs.

I really hope buying a train ticket on the spot after reaching the station will not be a problem. I want to go to Kassel-Wilhelmshoh from the Fernbahnof and prefr a direct connection to kassel..i really dont mind paying extra euros for the sake of convenience.

Thanks once again

Frankfurt
Level Contributor
533 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fernbahnoff - frankfurt airport

Check www.bahn.de to check your train connections. You may get to Kassel faster by taking a train to Frankfurt main station and catching the long-distance train from there.

If you don't mind waiting for the next direct connection from Frankfurt airport the that will of course be less hassle.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: fernbahnoff - frankfurt airport

It's so easy a mid 60's pensioner from the middle of the US can do it in just minutes. Simply claim your luggage and step outside the doors to the free Bus that says Fernbahnhof and get on. Then get off at Fernbahnhof and ride up the escalator, grab a baguette sandwich and soda or coffee and leisurely consume it. Then stop at the Die Bahn office to purchase your ticket, assuming you didn't book and purchase online before you left home. Then find your track and wait for the train. This is quite easy, I've done it many times with no problems.

Edited: 9:36 am, July 15, 2012
doha
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: fernbahnoff - frankfurt airport

@ snydley.....u made my day buddy:)

thanks.....

its not that i havent travelled before....its just that the horror stories i read abt fraport.....got on my nerves

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: fernbahnoff - frankfurt airport

Most visitors that I meet, find the Frankfurt airport to be nicely organized, and efficient. It is big, but it isn't difficult to find your way around.

Not sure why you are hearing horror stories about it. Once you land, you should be walking out into the main part of the airport with your luggage with-in 30-45 min. The flights are usually punctual if not early, It is well lit, with lots of food places, shopping and places to relax.

Reply to: fernbahnoff - frankfurt airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Geisenheim