We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

montalbano elicona civil records

Which Montalbano Elicona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
losangeles...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
montalbano elicona civil records

Does anyone know how I can find an address for the department of civil records in Montalbano Elicona in Sicily? I am trying to get birth records for my grandmother from 1889.

3 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,151 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: montalbano elicona civil records

Ciao barbara68,

Here’s the website for the Comune di Montalbano Elicona:

http://151.13.190.60/montalbanoelicona/

Comune di Montalbano Elicona

98065 Montalbano Elicona Messina

Italy

0941 679012

The "Ufficio Anagrafe" is where all the people who were born in a particular comune have been documented and registered.

Here is a listing of all the departments in the Comune di Montalbano Elicona (telephone numbers, email addresses)….

http://151.13.190.60/montalbanoelicona/informazioni/imghome/telefoni_e_mail_comune_montalbano_elicona.pdf

Send an email to the "Ufficio Anagrafe" – Accuracy with name and date of birth is very important. You will probably be instructed to send a letter with a fee. There are privacy laws in Italy, but you are requesting records from far enough back in time, so that shouldn’t be an issue. Eventually you should receive a raised seal birth certificate.

anagrafe.elettorale@comune.montalbanoelicona.me.it

Buona Fortuna!

Vagabonda

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: montalbano elicona civil records

Dear Vagabonda,

I wrote to the Comune di Montalbano Elicona, requesting info on my great grandmother, and told them that I was planning to visit soon. They replied asking for my address, and I received her birth cert in the post (but they didn't ask for payment). Then, the mayor replied saying that they would research my family, and he would like to meet with me when I arrive.

Does this mean that they are going to charge me for these documents??

I visited Racalmuto 3 years ago requesting a cert for my other ggmother, and they wouldn't take any money for it.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,151 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: montalbano elicona civil records

How very sweet and kind of them to be so helpful and gracious – Even if they were to charge for the documents, it would be a nominal fee, but it sounds as if they are just happy to assist and happy for your visit.

Best wishes!

Vagabonda

Reply to: montalbano elicona civil records
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Montalbano Elicona