We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Rack Rental

CT, USA
Level Contributor
150 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bike Rack Rental

Hi All: we are hoping to spend some 7 days in Dordogne - around Tremolat-Beynac-Roque-Domme-Sarlat-Daglan, the usual. We will be based close to Daglan but were hoping to bike in different areas by hitching our rented bikes to our rental car via a bike rack. In reading old posts it had appeared that bike rental companies will also hire out bike racks. but the bike rental place in Sarlat we've been introduced to says that neither do they have racks for rental nor do they know of anyone who can do so. Does anyone have any thoughts on (a) is it feasible to do, (b) which bike rental firms or car rental firms would offer bike racks? We were hoping to rent the car in paris and drive down.

Thx Chitra

1 reply
New York
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike Rack Rental

In fact, a car bike rack is not that expensive and buy one will be more convenient.

Bike racks'aim is to protect bicycle from being stolen.

When you ride your 3000$ bike in the outside, are you daring to lock it in the sidewalk? If I were the thief, I will carry it along in my car and say goodbye. Maybe you think that you just enter the supermarket for several minutes; maybe you think this place is safe; maybe you think there is one camera here; there are lots of 'maybe' make you think your bike parked alone is safe. But fact is that you can not find your 3000$ bike when get out.

In this case, we need to find a parking place with bike racks, bike lockers or relevant bike parking systems to guarantee our bike's security.

Thus, please take care of your bikes when you are not together.

You can browse this: www.chinabikerack.com for more bike rack knowledge.

Reply to: Bike Rack Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Beynac-et-Cazenac