We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Beach vs. Singer Island

New Orleans...
1 post
Save Topic
Palm Beach vs. Singer Island

Visiting for the first time end of April,2018.

Which has the clearest water and prettiest beach?

Which has more nature and tropical flora?

Which has better restaurants?

Which is less crowded?

Do the islands connect or is it necessary to go back to mainland to enter one or the other?

Thanks much,

mary evelyn and don from New Orleans

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
1 reply
Jupiter, Florida
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Beach vs. Singer Island

I'd say you're better off on Singer Island. The Palm Beachers like to keep their beach to themselves - there is one restroom and shower for the entire public access area and very high parking fees ($5/hr). I have seen some of the clearest water on Singer Island, you can't go wrong there.

To the north, Singer Island is home to the John D. MacAurthur State Park. It offers a beach that is usually quite quiet as well as paddleboard/kayak rentals through their lovely mangrove natural areas. To the south, there is the Phil Foster park with some fantastic non-ocean snorkeling. I highly suggest a visit! In Palm Beach the best you can do is enjoy people's tall hedges and glimpses at mutli-million dollar homes. Also, beware that when Trump is in town the island is very difficult to navigate with closed roads, off-access areas, and a lot of backup in general. He's visiting again later in the month...

The two islands do not connect, there is a small inlet between them so you would have to drive to the mainland and then over. Palm Beach can certainly be worth a visit, if just for knowing how the 1% lives, but it's not where you'd want to base yourself to enjoy the area.

Mentioned in this post
Phil Foster Park
Phil Foster Park
145 Reviews
Riviera Beach, FL
Reply to: Palm Beach vs. Singer Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted