We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cotswold way a? buses back to start?

Dublin
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cotswold way a? buses back to start?

Hi we are plannning just a long weekend in the cotswolds at the end of April travelling from Dublin no place booked yet to base ourselves but plan to walk a bit, any ideas of where to stay. Also what is the transport like or taxi's to return to your base. so many choices I need help thansk. Also hubby is bringing his bike and I would like to find some antique markets/fairs not the high end stuff more the Kirstie Allsop kind of antiques:) Many thanks

5 replies to this topic
Kenilworth
Level Contributor
388 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cotswold way a? buses back to start?

I suggest

www.cotswoldsaonb.org.uk/?page=Transport

and

cotswoldsaonb.org.uk/userfiles/…20small.pdf

might give you a few ideas

2. Re: Cotswold way a? buses back to start?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:41 pm, November 21, 2015

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,282 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cotswold way a? buses back to start?

I'd start with the bus journey then walk back to base. Then you aren't worrying about catching the bus.

reading
Level Contributor
10 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cotswold way a? buses back to start?

Moreten in Marsh has good bus services possibly not on sunday and links in to Cotswold Way and Oxfordshire Way. Also The refurbished Cotswold train line has remote staions where you can walk/ bike to places of interest plus I think you are able to take a bike on it might be a tall order on a bus

hope you have a good time

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cotswold way a? buses back to start?

IMPORTANT - Only use the bus timetables that are on the Gloucestershire CC website as those are kept up to date: …gloucestershire.gov.uk/Bustimes/Cotswold.htm .

There were major changes to the bus services in the Cotswolds during 2011 and the timetable leafletss on the CotswoldsANOB website have still not been updated (although their "Explore the Cotswolds" leaflet may still be useful to give you some ideas - see cotswoldsaonb.org.uk/userfiles/…20small.pdf .

Phil-the-Bus

Reply to: Cotswold way a? buses back to start?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bourton-on-the-Hill