We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charters from Toronto

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
charters from Toronto

Are we finished going to Margarita? Anyone know if charters are flying out of Toronto this season?

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: charters from Toronto

It has been reported here that they are not coming this year.

There are other ways to get here.

Have a look at this thread for more information:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g316061-i2025-k651…

Toronto
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: charters from Toronto

How do you know that Charter flights are not running Toronto to Margarita Island directly ???

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: charters from Toronto

Why not check with a Toronto travel agent?

A quick phone call should do it.

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: charters from Toronto

I just checked the Air Transat website & they show no flights to Margarita for this winter.

http://www.airtransat.ca/en/Home.aspx

I don't know if there are any other charter airlines operating to Margarita.

Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: charters from Toronto

I'm just wondering if the travel agencies have taken notice of the negative comments on how the tourists are treated at the airport when departing. Standing in lines for extreme lengths of time to pay your departure taxes then wait to have your luggage searched, then x-rayed, etc. After the last time to MI and being treated like cattle we said enough and moved onto better serviced islands. A sad day indeed! Maybe one day VE will get their act together and the demand to travel to MI will return with charter flights from Canada.

Time will tell......?????

Edited: 10:07 am, October 07, 2013
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: charters from Toronto

I've been there many times and have had to wait some time and have my luggage checked; however, if you focus on the great time, the sun, the beaches, the people, and extremely inexpensive trip you just had when you are leaving, the airport really turns out to be a small inconvenience.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: charters from Toronto

ThejonesCanada - you got to admit you did have a good week on the island even after spending a day with the crazy canuck driver!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: charters from Toronto

Charters to PMV may not be operating for now but there are still other options to get to MI which really aren't that bad. Flying in one of those chartered sardine cans was never the most comfortable way to travel 5 1/2 hrs from/to Toronto. I've flown to CCS on Air Canada and it was great. The flight was comfortable, the entertainment was superior to the charters but the food still sucked. There great thing was there were no big lineups to deal with entering customs at CCS or when I arrived at PMV. The same was true for the return trip. I did however spend the night at Caracas Airport but that was no where near as bad as what some traveller's comments had me thinking. When flying from CCS to YYZ there was several checks for drugs including one just before entering the plane but they were quite quick.

If considering other options you should book all domestics flights with someone living in Venezuela. The reason for this is that with parallel market exchange rates the price of the flight will be much cheaper than if you book directly with the airline. Once the domestic flight is purchased your buyer can email the e-tickets to you. Of course you will need to book your lodgings as well and this should be done with one of the local tour guides or with one of the posada owners.

Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: charters from Toronto

Mig..... we totally enjoyed your expertize of MI in helping us find those ice cold cerveza's while exploring the best beaches around Playa El Agua. Those type of days is what makes..."legends".... live on!!!!! Here's to our next adventure!

Gracias Amigo

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: charters from Toronto

I have always wanted to go to Isla Margarita. I think even last year, or at least the year before that they would have a few charter flights on Sunwing from YUL. I remember hearing of people taking beach vacations to Venezuela in the 90's. Was it ever served by Air Canada? Were there ever direct charter flighters from anywhere in western Canada in that time?

Thanks in advance in you know

Get answers to your questions about Playa el Agua
Recent Conversations
More Playa el Agua Topics