There is very little information online about Sepilok as a location in its own right. There is an "official website", which is really a business website and an entry on wikitravel, which is very minimal. There is lots of info on accommodations and attractions, but not Sepilok itself.
Can anyone provide any information? For instance:
• Is it a village, small town, a junction in the road or simply a spot on the map?
• Are there coffee shops, food places? (Especially if we don’t like the food at the accommodation provider)
• Are the accommodations and attractions very far from each other? Are they a walkable distance from each other?
• Are the locals friendly? Are they indigenous or traditional people?
• Are there places or indications of their art and culture?
• Is the area rural, native forest, suburban?
For that matter, there is not much information about Sukau or Damun valley!
We are a family of 3 and we are trying to decide where to go in October.
Looking forward to seeing some information!