We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go to Sepilok by bus after climbing MT. KK on the same day

Which Sepilok hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fremont, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Go to Sepilok by bus after climbing MT. KK on the same day

I am planning to go to Sepilok by bus on the second day of MT KK climb, on the same day.

Please advise:

What time should I be back down at MT KK headqtr in time to catch a bus?

or

What is the latest bus going to Sandakan/Sepolik?

thx

Wen

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Go to Sepilok by bus after climbing MT. KK on the same day

Hi Wen,

there is a bus going to Sandakan, starting from Inanam Terminal at 8pm, so it should be passing the entrance of Kinabalu Park around 9.30pm?

But i do not suggest for you to wait on this as it maybe full, or by just not paying attention for few seconds you could miss it.

Stay a night after your climb in Kundasang then proceed to Sandakan the next day. You could just wait by the road and flag down any big buses that is going to Sandakan. There is a number of bus that scheduled to passby Kinabalu Park entrance each day,

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Go to Sepilok by bus after climbing MT. KK on the same day

Thanks for your reply.

At the visitor center of Mt. Kinabalo, there is an office of local transportation where the bus schedule from

Kota Kinabalo to Sandakan is available, The ones I am interested are 2pm and 3:30pm at the park.

I ended taking the bus at 3:30pm. Everything went smoothly.

Cheers,

Wen

3. Re: Go to Sepilok by bus after climbing MT. KK on the same day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, June 30, 2016