We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been to Korea

Orlando, Florida...
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Never been to Korea

I am planning on traveling from Orlando to Korea to see the Expo at Yeosu. Any idea how many days I should plan to be there to see everything? Also, are hotels nearby and reasonable, or do I have to travel far back and forth? Do they speak English? Any help would sure be appreciated.

KLM

Mentioned in this post
Yeosu
Yeosu
Jeollanam-do, South Korea
The MVL Yeosu
The MVL Yeosu
#1 of 22 hotels in Yeosu
Hidden Bay Hotel
Hidden Bay Hotel
#2 of 22 hotels in Yeosu
Benikea Hotel Yeosu
Benikea Hotel Yeosu
#3 of 22 hotels in Yeosu
2 replies to this topic
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
12,710 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never been to Korea

Welcome to the forum. I don't know Yeosu at all. However there's been quite a lot of questions in the South Korea forums.

I suggest you go to the higher level (ie South Korea) and do a search on Yeosu.

I think hotels will have SOME English but don't expect much. You nay be better to stay in or around Gwangju and travel.

Mentioned in this post
Yeosu
Yeosu
Gwangju
Gwangju
South Korea
Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never been to Korea

I also will be attending expo at Yeosu.

>Any idea how many days I should plan to be there to see everything?

My intention is 6 days, based on spending 6 days in the similarly sized expo in Zaragoza in 2008. I didn't see every pavilion, but felt content with what I did see.

>Do they speak English?

Usually English is a very useful language at expos, as it's a common second language and used for chat between different country staff. The theme pavilions are host country supplied, so in host language, but often designed with the hope of being understood by most people.

I've always found it useful to learn or brush up on the host country language, and may come to regret not having done so this time!

Mentioned in this post
Yeosu
Yeosu
Reply to: Never been to Korea
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yeosu
More Yeosu Topics