We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apts for direct booking.

Which Roda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
apts for direct booking.

Hello all

I want to book directly and cut out the greedy travel agents and obviously save my self a couple of quid. We came for the 1st time last year and loved it.

We need 2 apartments, each with 2 bedrooms, as close to Roda village as possible because this year we're bringing my dad who's not too great on his feet.

Any help would be mega appreciated.

Thanks

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apts for direct booking.

There are many listed in the Roda Pages section iof the village website, http://www.rodaonline.org/Roda-Pages/, Roy, plus a quick guide on rodaonline.org/Roda-Pages/…

Any further help, then ask for advice from regulars on the forum there or come back to me here.

Steve

Sheffield
Level Contributor
277 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apts for direct booking.

Just be aware that by booking through a site like Travel Republic or Low Cost Holidays (many agents use this one anyway via Low Cost Beds) it can be cheaper than booking direct, so don't rule out that option.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apts for direct booking.

It is often cheaper booking direct, but many visitors understand that only a tiny part of their payment reaches the apartment owners - the very people with whom they have direct contact and who make their holidays so memorable. A lot of people book direct to support these apartment owners and help keep them in business to provide future memories. You never get the cheapest and the best in the same box ...

Steve

Sheffield
Level Contributor
277 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apts for direct booking.

I hear what you say about the small amounts some owners will receive, but hotels and apartments will use a variety of means to advertise and sell their rooms and will offer different rates through different channels. I use a variety of options to reserve them. It just pays to keep your options open. We all want a good deal at the end of the day.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apts for direct booking.

Thanks for the tip TinTin, I check out travel republic etc and have booked with them. I agree with Steve and try to book direct where ever possible not only because it normally works out cheaper but on most occasions you get things like air con in with the price where as if you book through an agent it cost extra.

After speaking to owners and managers of hotels and apartment over the years I find it difficult to understand how they manage to stay open on the tiny amounts that travel agents pay them.

Having said all that the aim of my post wasn't to debate the agents v direct booking argument, but to try and get an inside track on apartments near to the village that have 2 bed roomed apartments that I could possibly deal directly with.

Thanks for your post Steve I've also had a look on your recommended sites but find that most accommodations descriptions don't seem to mention if they have 2 bed roomed apartments or not. I was hoping to save my self a bit of time not having to send requests and messages to those who haven't got the rooms we need.

By the way Steve I've tried to send a g-mail message via the link on roda on line to Charlie at the Venus but was unsuccessful, do you know if the g-mail address is still active?

Cheers

6. Re: apts for direct booking.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Roda
Recent Conversations
More Roda Topics