We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap beer

Kent
Level Contributor
23 posts
33 reviews
Cheap beer

Various beers are on offer in the bars in Roda. Mythos at around 2.5 euros a large glass and "local beer" at around 1.5 euros a large glass.

We came across a couple of bars who would serve the local beer as Mythos.

One particular bar called The Brandy Shop Bar and Cafe where we had a rather unpleasant confrontation when we chalanged the owner.

The beer served was obviously not Mythos.

I would reccommend you avoid this bar!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Cheap beer

I have to disagree, The Brandy Shop is a family run bar and I have always known them to make anyone feel welcome, they are a little more expensive than some of the bars in the village, but the quiet setting right on the seafront, just out of the main village more than makes up for that!

I would happily reccommend it to anyone visiting, especially if you are staying in the Coral Hotel as it is right next door

Kent
Level Contributor
23 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Cheap beer

My problem with this bar is that in my opinion they were passing off cheap beer as Mythos. We requested Mythos and the beer served was definitely not what we ordered. When challenged the young man at the bar he denied the fact. The discussion ended in him being VERY abusive

Nottingham
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Cheap beer

Maybe it was Mythos? did you see the barrel?

Kent
Level Contributor
23 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Cheap beer

Four people agreed it was NOT Mythos. I asked to see the barrel and it had no name on it. Whatever,it did warrant the language use by the batman who was charging for a product he was not providing.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Cheap beer

Maybe just a one off case, ive always known the bar staff to be very welcoming! Not many people will challenge the staff on what they are serving so i doubt they will experience this problem.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
646 posts
42 reviews
6. Re: Cheap beer

Anyone who's been to Greece many times will know if its Mythos or not , a brit I met who works the bars in Roda/Sidari told me some bars pass off cheap beer as Mythos, besides i can tell after the first mouthfull if its the proper stuff .

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Cheap beer

Last year we stayed at the pegasus hotel which is quite a walk to the Brandy shop bar,but we thought it was definitely worth the walk as the staff were always lovely.the food is to die for.(especially the chips.) If anyone is unsure about the mythos(we always found it to be spot on)get a bottle and there will be no confusion.we can only speak highly of this bar and the views are stunning.john & sonia.

8. Re: Cheap beer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, April 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Roda
More Roda Topics