We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Morning Walks at Orient Beach

Potomac Falls...
Level Contributor
317 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Early Morning Walks at Orient Beach

I just returned from my 3rd trip to SXM (there from late August to early September). One of the things I've enjoyed doing was the early morning walks on Orient Beach au naturel, as has been the accepted custom as long as you did so on the early side (before 8:00 or so). This time around (I start my walk from the Mont Vernon side), I didn't see anyone else doing so. Normally, I would run into dozens coming from Club Orient, who would stroll all the way to Mont Vernon and return. Has there been a change, or is it just due to being low season?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Morning Walks at Orient Beach

Club O has been closed from mid August to mid October for much needed upgrades and renovations, so you would not have had those guests walking towards you. When we stay, several times a year, we walk the beach au natural between 7 and 8 every morning, always back on Club O property by 8 at the latest. I love the greetings as we pass other frequent walkers , the " beach boys" and those whose have ventured to the beach with coffee. It is a lovely time of day before the crowds arrive.

Potomac Falls...
Level Contributor
317 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Morning Walks at Orient Beach

Thanks...that explains it. I felt like the Lone Ranger out there :-)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Morning Walks at Orient Beach

Come back in December and join us!

Potomac Falls...
Level Contributor
317 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Morning Walks at Orient Beach

I wish! We get to SXM once every 2 years or so...and we finally made it to Happy Bay this time around; a real gem!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
663 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Morning Walks at Orient Beach

Does Danny have his little beach bar thing going during high season?

Michigan
Level Contributor
245 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early Morning Walks at Orient Beach

Is there a date that Club O re-opens

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early Morning Walks at Orient Beach

They reopen October 7.

8. Re: Early Morning Walks at Orient Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Orient Bay