We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's the Dawn / Orient Beach seaweed situation this summer?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
How's the Dawn / Orient Beach seaweed situation this summer?

I'm very interested in a couple of villas in the Dawn / Orient beach areas, but know there were seaweed issues last year during Aug/Sept when we plan to visit. How are those situations looking this summer 2012? Same problems? Worth staying in the area or should I look elsewhere that don't have the trouble? I don't mind a bit of seaweed, but would like to avoid any beach that needs cleared weekly/bi-daily by bulldozers. Are there plenty of areas that aren't affected, or any odor trouble like last year?

Thanks!

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,541 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's the Dawn / Orient Beach seaweed situation this summer?

thedailyherald.com/islands/1-islands-news/30…

Not as bad as last year, but some of the western beaches are impacted again. Guana Bay seems to be a mess and I have heard there are problems at Dawn also. Orient is cleaned daily foro the most part, but at the northern end there are piles on the beach.

The eastern side is not really affected at all.

2. Re: How's the Dawn / Orient Beach seaweed situation this summer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Orient Bay