We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days/3 nights in Haputale and Ella

Which Haputale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
4 days/3 nights in Haputale and Ella

Hello everyone!

I would very much appreciate your comments on this following part of my itinerary. Please note that i will be travelling by private car with driver, and 3 teenagers!

Day 1:

- In the morning, drive from Kitulgala to Nanu Oya. Once there, buy train ticket to Haputale (2nd or 3rd class should be good enough for 1.5 Hrs ride?) Driver to meet us in Haputale guesthouse with the bags.

- Wander around town depending on the time we have left. o/n Haputale

Day 2:

- Early morning drive to Lipton's Seat (and if it's open, breakfast at the tea shop at the top), then 7 km walk down to Dambatenne Tea Factory where the driver will meet us.

- Drive to Ella via the Diyaluma Falls, which will be very crowded on a Sunday. Not sure if i should climb to the pools at the top though, 'cause the next day will be tough. o/n Ella

Day 3:

- Early trek to Ella Rock, with a guide.

- Relax in the afternoon, o/n Ella

Day 4:

- A last walk (without guide, this time) to Little Adam's Peak (that's IF i manage to convince the kids to go on another walk...)

- After lunch, drive to Tissamaharama where we will part from our driver, o/n Tissa

Many thanks to all the DE who contribute their time to share their knowledge on the various forums, it is helping me a lot in building a meaningful and enjoyable itinerary.

Servane

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days/3 nights in Haputale and Ella

Thank you very much!

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days/3 nights in Haputale and Ella

If you want to visit also one tea factory Dambatenne Tea Factory is worth it.

A tip: on your way to Tissa stop a the beautiful place Buduruwagala - hidden in the jungle the biggest Buddha Rock in Sri Lanka. See pictures www.edeltrips.com/reiseberichte/sri-lanka/ Much quieter there than in Polonnaruwa.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days/3 nights in Haputale and Ella

edel s - thanks for the tip!

4. Re: 4 days/3 nights in Haputale and Ella

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, January 30, 2015