We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunbeds on beach

Wakefield, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Sunbeds on beach

Hi

We have been offered an apartment in Calella de Palafrugells.

We have been informed that it is not possible to rent sunbeds on any of the beaches, or on neighbouring beaches such as Llafranc.

Can anyone please dispute this and state otherwise, as my wife has serious back problems where lying on the sand would be almost impossible

Thanks

Paul

Mentioned in this post
Calella
Calella
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,421 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunbeds on beach

It is true what you've been told, Costa Brava beaches aren't the type of resorts with regimented rows of sunbeds (I don't think even Lloret does that).

What I do is take is a (low) plastic chair that I carry down to the beach every day. You can buy them at a local shops (buy a sunshade too!). If that is too low to the ground for your wife you could take a plastic terrace chair although it wouldn't "fit in" with what others are doing so well (or fit under a sunshade I suspect)

Mentioned in this post
Costa Brava
Costa Brava
Province of Girona, Spain
Bristol
Level Contributor
409 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunbeds on beach

Depends when you're going.

Certainly in Llafranc during June July and August you can hire them for 10 euroes per day. Probably by first week in September they will be gone.

In C de P not so sure but I dont think so. Its about a 20 min walk to Llafranc from Cde P but quite a few steps at the end!

Mentioned in this post
Llafranc
Llafranc
Palafrugell, Spain
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
917 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunbeds on beach

You can't hire them in C de P unfortunately but thera re a couple of shops where you can buy a variety of beach type chairs but can't say for certain whether they sell sunbeds as well.

The low chairs which Lynda mentioned are cheap and comfortable but they are very low to the ground so might not be suitable for someone with back problems.

Edited: 4:52 pm, August 21, 2011
Wakefield, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunbeds on beach

Thanks Lynda, Tim082 and samsgranny. Your advice much appreciated.

5. Re: Sunbeds on beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Calella de Palafrugell
Recent Conversations