We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reeth self catering cottages

greece
2 posts
Save Topic
Reeth self catering cottages

Wanting to go to the Reeth area in Swaledale, Yorkshire and wondering which is the best cottage for a self catering holiday. We want a really nice traditional stone cottage with rustic atmosphere but also well-equipped and cared for. Any suggestions? We came across The Cottage Fremington

yorkshire-dales-swaledale-self-catering-holi…

But is there something better in a similar price range?

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reeth self catering cottages

Hi

I don't know the cottage but I know the area which is gorgeous, and the cottage itself looks beautiful.

You might also look at -

yorkshirenet.co.uk/stayat/…page1.asp

www.yorkshirenet.co.uk/stayat/wallercottage/

yorkshirenet.co.uk/stayat/thwaitedalecottages

yorkshirenet.co.uk/stayat/oldminerscottage

www.yorkshirenet.co.uk/stayat/highoxnop/

www.yorkshirenet.co.uk/stayat/bellegreen

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reeth self catering cottages

Take a look at Annie Porters at High Oxnop .These folk are local farmers and will give you a wealth of knowledge besides a comfortable place to stay and themselves live at Low Oxnop . This is Porter Country and their sheep are the best you will find in the Dales. An experience as well as a holiday cottage.

greece
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reeth self catering cottages

High Oxnop might be a good choice but they need to sort their website out. Those pokey little photos do it no justice whatsoever.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reeth self catering cottages

Hi Mr Peel - maybe you are looking at it in the distance from the other side of the dale I will tell Annie when I next speak with her. .

Keighley, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reeth self catering cottages

Maybe a late reply to this but we stayed at Alpine Cottage in Reeth that was very good.

I think its only just opened within the last few months - we loved it!

6. Re: Reeth self catering cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 03, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Reeth
Recent Conversations