We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for 2011

Leeds
Level Contributor
978 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for 2011

Thinking of returning to Ibiza next year - had a fab holiday in 09 in Santa Eulalia however would like to be closer to Ibiza town as we loved it!

Thinking that we would like beach and chilling out during the day, close proximity to the town for the evening but also a place with something going on if we dont want to go into Ibiza town. So somewhere that has a nice selection of bars and good places to eat. I'm looking at Talamanca but ther seems to be limited choice of accomodation does anyone know of any good but not super expensive hotels/hostals apartments? And am I on the right track with Talamanca?

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for 2011

We have just come back from Santa Eulalia and visited Talamanca as well as most of the island as we hired a car. I thought the beach was absolutely fantastic and have considered staying at this resort if I ever came to Ibiza out of the summer season. However, the lifeguard at our hotel who is an Ibicencan born and bred and who lives in Ibiza Town told us that the one big problem that Talamanca has is that the sewage from Ibiza Town is dumped into this area and that he had not heard of any plans to rectify this! Now, I don't know how true this is but it did make me rethink my idea of maybe staying there sometime. Has anyone else heard this?

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for 2011

treated sewage goes into the sea near talamanca. as the ibicencos don't yet have the technology to send it into deep space, ALL the treated sewage from the island goes into the sea at some point. i assume there's a similar method employed in britain too?

mm

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for 2011

have you tried the simbad??

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for 2011

There is a smell that eminates, at times, in that area.

Pacha Hotel has problems with it, ,but any sewage that comes from there cant possibly stink, as all its patrons are too posh and cool for their poo to whiff, so they blame it on the package tourist hotels in the Town!

That area used to be a marsh so that may explain the smell. San Antonio has a number of open drains that stink especially the one next to Linikers!

Edited: 7:01 am, June 28, 2010
Leeds
Level Contributor
978 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas for 2011

This topic has gone totally off track! Whilst I appreciate the feedback re the drains its not what I asked so I wonder if we could raise the conversation back above the waist and give me a steer on Talamanca accomodation etc- that would be ace! Thanks re the Simbad by the way- will take a look!

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideas for 2011

here

ibiza-spotlight.com/hotel-guide/accommodatio…

now can we get back to our drainage discussion?

mm

ibiza
Level Contributor
2,808 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ideas for 2011

simbad definitely get's my vote from that selection - looks really nice now.

you could also try 'the one' hotel in the next street from sa punta restaurant which is roughly the same area......

8. Re: Ideas for 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 26, 2010