We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keikyu pass

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
523 reviews
Save Topic
Keikyu pass

If I get into Haneda at 10:30 on a Sat nite, does Keikyu line still run to Shinagawa Station. The schedule online appears to be in Japanese.

Also, if I buy a pass at 11:00 PM, is it good tll the following day, or for 48 hours? The following link is not clear to me on this point:

haneda-tokyo-access.com/en/…path02

Thanks, as always.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,344 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keikyu pass

1. The Keikyu trains run as late as 24:01 to Shinagawa (24:02 on Sat/Sun and holidays) from Haneda International Terminal Station.

2. The link shows that there are 2 options: 1-day and 2-days pass. After 24:00, a new day begins. In my opinion the use of this pass is limited, as you can travel only on Keikyu and Toei Metro lines. It all depends on your destinations, but JR lines and Tokyo Metro lines are more often used by tourists. I suggest checking your itinerary and the metro map whether this pass is a good deal for you. In most cases, tourists would be better off going by the normal fare.

Edited: 10:31 am, July 13, 2011
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keikyu pass

Ok, thanks. Another thing:

What is the earliest train to Haneda from Shinagawa on a weekday? I have a 7AM intl. flight.

Also, if I can get an earlier train than 12:02 AM, what else is there after 10:30 PM?

Thanks again.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,344 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keikyu pass

1) 05:15 train in the earliest from Shinagawa to Haneda (15 mins, 400 yen).

2) from Haneda International Terminal to Shinagawa Station (Sat/Sun/Holdiays):

22:31; 22:42; 22:56; 23:10; 23:20; 23:40; 24:02 (23:31 and 23:52 trains require transfer to another train at Kamata).

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keikyu pass

Another question, should probably be a separate thread, but do you know if you can easily buy a phone card at Haneda (at 11:00 PM), or would it be easier to just use a payphone to call someone's cellphone in Japan?

Thanks.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,344 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keikyu pass

It would be easier to call someone's cellphone from a ground phone in Japan (all you need are 10 yen coins). If you are making an international call, you should get a cards from the convenience store.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,602 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Keikyu pass

No need to buy a telephone card. Just use a pay phone. Here is a basic info:

www.japan-guide.com/e/e2223_landline.html

If you want to buy a phone card, it's available at the 7-11 on the 3rd floor of Haneda International terminal.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Keikyu pass

Thanks to both of you.

8. Re: Keikyu pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 01, 2013