We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shinjuku west vs. east exit.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9 posts
1,500 reviews
Save Topic
Shinjuku west vs. east exit.

The limousine bus is going to drop me at Shinjuku station west exit. However I need to be at the east exit to walk to the Best Western Astina Hotel. Can I easily walk under the station to get to the east side or thru the station, or will this be a long distance to travel. Thanks for any help.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
22,876 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shinjuku west vs. east exit.

There are few ways to get through from the west exit to east exit at Shinjuku Station but if you don't know exactly where you're going, you'll be lost. The Best Western Astina is about 8-10 minutes on foot from the east exit. I highly recommend taking a taxi. It'll be the best 710 yen you'll spend in Japan. Not all taxi drivers know where the BWA is located, so print the address and a map in Japanese. Tell the driver that the hotel is across from the "Kuyakusho" the City Office.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,766 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shinjuku west vs. east exit.

Agree with Shibuyakko. BW Astina is located inside Kabuki-cho. The streets are busy and for a first timer, they all look very similar. It's best to take a taxi to avoid getting lost.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9 posts
1,500 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shinjuku west vs. east exit.

Hi and thanks for your help. I have stayed at the Shinjuku Prince before, but I agree the streets are busy and you can easily get lost. thanks again. Bob

4. Re: Shinjuku west vs. east exit.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 12, 2014