We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerns regrading Best Western Astina

Manila
Level Contributor
264 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Concerns regrading Best Western Astina

Need help fellow travelers who had stayed at Best Western Astina before. I just booked 5 nights via Best Western international website with breakfast and a traveler came up with this review at tripadvisor last oct 2:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1066457-d10707…

Now I'm concerned, aside from the bfast charges when it should be included, is the bfast coupon really worth 1000 yen or just 500 yen?

FRAUDULENT BREAKFAST CHARGES FOR COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST

The people that work in this hotel are dishonest. The International website of Best Western says that for the price there is a complimentary breakfast. As soon as my wife arrived with me to the hotel we were given coupons for the supposed complimentary daily breakfasts. We were told that they could be exchanged at the Lawson convience store in the first floor of the hotel if could not have breakfast. That was the first warning something was wrong, because at Lawson convience store we were told that they could be exchanged for 500 yens only in spite that they were 1,000 yens worth.

At the end of our six days, on September 30 we were given initially only the credit card slip for the total, telling us that it was customary in Japan to do so. I asked for a paper because there was a discrepancy between what I knew to be the price of the daily rate and what they said they were charging us. The employee said there were some taxes that were added. But when we saw the complete daily account what they were doing was chargin g1,000 yens per person per day in a fraudulent way.

I consider this dishonest and not worthy of a hotel that uses the Best Western logo in everything they have so they represent Best Western dishonestly.

We are now going to contest these fraudulent charges with our Credit card company because I don't intend to pay for them.

Lots of other clients only had coffee and toasts. Imagine being charged for these 2,000 yens. On top of disguising the fraudulent charges.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
5,574 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concerns regrading Best Western Astina

I did not try to evaluate the merits of that review. However, I suspect misunderstandings; dishonesty in such a hotel (or almost anywhere else in Japan) is quite unheardof. Instead, I would trust the many positive reviews that the hotel got.

Manila
Level Contributor
264 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concerns regrading Best Western Astina

We'll, the charging of 1000 yen more per day is one, but the other "misunderstanding" I saw here is Lawson store values the bfast coupon of Best Western Astina at only 500 yen on that review,

but If check the previous reviews, they should be 1000 yen credit

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,925 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concerns regrading Best Western Astina

I think that was some kind of misunderstanding. Maybe language barrier, I don't know. But the review you refer to is the only negative one out of 57 reviews. I can assure you that all reviews written in Japanese are positive. I don't think you should worry about it too much.

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Concerns regrading Best Western Astina

As mentioned that was one bad review out of 57 or so positive reviews. I guess you have to find a distractor somewhere, or misunderstanding from time to time from any business in the world.

If it were 57 bad reviews, I would be much more worried, but that isn't the case.

Manila
Level Contributor
264 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Concerns regrading Best Western Astina

I've sent that review to best western global customer service site and indicated by booking reference number, so far awaiting their reply

6. Re: Concerns regrading Best Western Astina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 13, 2010