We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tokyo Itinerary for 1 week - comments pls?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
622 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Tokyo Itinerary for 1 week - comments pls?

Hi, this is a followup to my planned itinerary a few weeks back. I'm travelling in a group of 4 adults and 3 kids (8, 6 and 1 yr old!). Is this pace doable? Any comments? I'm basically trying to group attractions together and minimise extended hours of walking etc.

Day1- arrive at 7.30 am, NEX to Hotel Century Southern Tower at Shinjuku (there's no direct airport limo bus at this time, hence I am opting to go with the NEX) Question: From previous posts, I notice there are steps leading from the NEX to Southern Terrace Exit at Shinjuku right? Is the flight of steps long? Or is there an alternative way to get to Southern Terrace Exit without stairs?

Upon arrival at hotel - leave baggage, explore nearby areas (Takashimaya? Lunch, then check in at 2pm) Rest till dinner time at Ginza (probably)

Day 2- Tsujiki Market (for my dad who wants to go early) followed by Asakusa, then to Ueno, then finally to Akihabara then back to hotel to rest till dinner time at Roppongi

Day 3 (this happens to be Nov 3 a public holiday) - trip to Hakone

Arrange to send luggage to our next hotel - Sheraton Tokyo Bay. (Does anyone know the cut off time to send baggage via Takkyubin so that it will arrive by the next day say about 2 pm? We might be out early and back late on Day 3.)

Day 4- check out of Century Southern Hotel, proceed to Lalaport (i've booked Kidzania for my kids - first shift). After Lalaport, to Sheraton . At this point, not sure if I shld get a 3 day pass so I can explore Disney on Day 4, or only start on Day 5. Hmm.

Day 5- Disneyland

Day 6 - Disney Sea

Day 7 - hang around Disney area till check out at 12 noon. Our flight only leaves at 7 pm, so have not quite figured out what to do yet. Airport Limo Bus to Narita. Any suggestions?

Special Offer
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
95 Reviews
from $58.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Tokyo Robot Evening Cabaret Show
879 Reviews
from $69.70*
Tokyo 1-Day Tour: Meiji Shrine...
1,083 Reviews
from $95.90*
Private Custom Tour: Tokyo in a Day
109 Reviews
from $122.70*
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tokyo Itinerary for 1 week - comments pls?

If you stay in Shinjuku, you can visit Meiji Jingu

It is only 15- 20 minutes from your hotel. On Sunday morning you can see there traditional Japanese wedding ceremony.

Level Contributor
350 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tokyo Itinerary for 1 week - comments pls?

I will be in Tokyo next week and have scheduled Odaiba on Sat and Meiji Shrine and Harajuku on Sun. However Yahoo Travel Weather forecast both days Shower. I need advice, should I proceed as planned? Odaiba mostly sheltered easy on rainy days?

Easy walk to Meji Shrine from Harajuku JR Stn? Even if it rains? I supposed no cosplay on rainy days?

Any advice?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
57,252 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tokyo Itinerary for 1 week - comments pls?

You never know about the weather. In 7 days, the forecast can change a lot so you just have to be flexible. Odaiba is ok to visit even during the rain (the first time I was there, it was pouring!). You might have to use more of the rail line instead of walking.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question
Level Contributor
294 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tokyo Itinerary for 1 week - comments pls?

The JR Harajuku Station is right at the entrance to Meiji Shrine. Can't get any closer! Unless there's a typhoon, life usually goes on as scheduled in Japan.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
233 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tokyo Itinerary for 1 week - comments pls?

After some reading, there is a Himiko Ship from Asakusa to Odaiba...the ship seems very futuristic but the schedule is in Japanese...seems that there is a fixed schedule to it...

If anyone have experience the Himiko Ship...do share your experience..an what is the fare for child??

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
26,563 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tokyo Itinerary for 1 week - comments pls?

There are only 3 -4 Himiko departures from Asakusa to Odaiba:

10:10, 13:20, 15:20 and (17:20 when it's busy.)

Himiko looks very cool from outside but there is nothing special inside. It's a fun way to see Tokyo from a different angle, though.

Looks like a child fare (over 1 year old) is the same as adult's which is 1,520 yen.

7. Re: Tokyo Itinerary for 1 week - comments pls?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 10, 2010