We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Haneda airport to Akasaka

Which Minato hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Haneda airport to Akasaka

Hi, Im going on a month long trip to tokyo and is staying at Hotel Grand Fresa Akasaka in akasaka. I arrived at 6.30am, and i was wondering what is the best way to get to that hotel? It's my first time in tokyo so im not quite familiar with all the train and bus networks.

Also, is there any recommendations on things to see/do? i've read through alot of the major attraction, but was wondering if there are any hidden gems?

Thank you.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
40,788 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Haneda airport to Akasaka

fresa-inn.jp/eng/akasaka/access_train.html

http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/en/access/

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
5,434 posts
2. Re: Haneda airport to Akasaka

Check www.hyperdia.com for train schedules. Your departure station is Haneda International Terminal and your arrival is at Akasaka (Tokyo). Directions from the station are on the hotel site.

fresa-inn.jp/eng/akasaka/access_train.html

Have you checked this site? Many of the "gems" are listed here. Yanaka is a fun place to walk around.

http://www.gotokyo.org/en/

Kawagoe is called "Old Edo/Tokyo," so you might be taken back into time there.

http://www.koedo.or.jp/foreign/english/

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
19,887 posts
56 reviews
3. Re: Haneda airport to Akasaka

Haneda to Akasaka by the subway is complicated--requires 3 transfers at least. Take the 7:35 bus to Akasaka area hotels. I think the bus stops at Hotel Okura first. Take a taxi from there. The fare is~730yen:

limousinebus.co.jp/en/…56

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
5,434 posts
4. Re: Haneda airport to Akasaka

Good idea, Shibuyakko! Bus is the easiest. :-)

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
5. Re: Haneda airport to Akasaka

Ok cool thanks Shibuyakko, i will take the bus to hotels in the akasaka area then cab it from any 1 of the hotels (i have a feeling i might miss a stop or two, first time in japan and speak very little japanese ahaha).

And also thanks for the links mamajelli, will definitely checks some of the places out!!

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
40,788 posts
66 reviews
6. Re: Haneda airport to Akasaka

There's a digital display in English and Japanese inside the bus that indicates the upcoming stop.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
19,887 posts
56 reviews
7. Re: Haneda airport to Akasaka

When you purchase the bus ticket, tell them that you want to get off at the first stop. Your luggage will be checked into the cargo section of the bus and arranged according to your destination.

There is no way you can miss the first stop as each stop is announced in English and the bus stays for a while to let passengers off and unload their luggage.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
5,434 posts
8. Re: Haneda airport to Akasaka

If you TELL your bus driver at which stop you want to get off, he will REMEMBER!

Most, if not all, signs are in English / alphabet letters. The announcements on the trains will also be in English. If you're walking around town and get lost, ASK someone. You will be surprised how kind people are, even if they "don't speak" English. Most likely someone will take you by the hand and point exactly where you're supposed to go -- or even take you there!

Have fun!

9. Re: Haneda airport to Akasaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 18, 2015