We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer options from Tagbilaran to Jagna port

Which Tagbilaran City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
transfer options from Tagbilaran to Jagna port

Hello - we are going to get on the fast cat to Camiguin island and need to get to Jagna port and also back when we return. Can you please give us the various options we have. Is there a bus that is run by the fast cat ferry and how good is it. Also what would be the options for a private transfer and roughly the cost we would be looking at paying. We are a couple with normal luggage. Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,780 posts
1,979 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer options from Tagbilaran to Jagna port

I travelled on Ceres Liner or other public bus from Island City Mall just outside Tagbilaran City to Jagna at minimal cost. The bus departed at about 0900 and took around two and a quarter hours if I recall correctly.

The bus filled in about 15 to 20 minutes at Island City Mall so that may give some idea of the frequency.

A taxi would be faster but given that it is 110 kilometres return, I doubt that you would get much change out of P2500 - P3000 as the driver may have to return to Tagbilaran City empty. As always, you can negotiate.

I was connecting to the slow Ro-Ro ferry that departs Jagna at 1300 daily to arrive Camiguin Island at 1700 daily. It was a pleasant if spartan trip in excellent weather.

Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer options from Tagbilaran to Jagna port

Hello there - many thanks for your great information. Was the bus air conditioned and of a reasonable standard. Do you know if you can pre-book the seats to ensure a place. As we are going on the fastcat would you know if you can get a bus that departs a little later.............not sure if we fancy a wait at the pier for 2.5 hours! Thanks again. Hope that you enjoyed the island!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,856 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer options from Tagbilaran to Jagna port

You can't prebook seats for the bus and there is no strict timetable that they abide. The buses leave if they are full or almost full or half-full or whenever the driver wants to depart. They are mostly non-airconditioned but Bohol is not polluted and for me they are road worthy. You could also ride other destinations which would pass by Jagna so you have several options. I just don't know the exact names of those destinations. You could just ask a local or people at Tagbilaran pier when you arrive.

For the taxi they would be charging twice the meter fare because of the reason Victorianlad said.

Pasig, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer options from Tagbilaran to Jagna port

hello! i wanna know the fare from island city mall to jagna port thru public bus?In philippine peso, if you can recall. Thanks

Cebu
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer options from Tagbilaran to Jagna port

Hello, I'm from Jagna and there are 3 ways to commute in going to my hometown. First of all you must be at Dao Bus Terminal (located just across Island City Mall) to start commuting and proceed to the East Wing of the Terminal (since Jagna is located on the SouthEast side of Bohol). Dory Transit only has one route and that is Tagbilaran-Jagna, the fare is about 50-60 pesos. If Dory is not available, you can take Saint Jude Transit. It goes to further towns passing Jagna. Fare is pretty much the same. Since buses always stops to cater to commuting passengers, it would take 2.5 hours to reach Jagna. If you're in a hurry, the best alternate is taking a van! Vans here are airconditioned and the fare is doubled. Travel time riding on a van cud be 1 hour less than taking a bus. We don't really recommend taking a taxi going to Jagna from Tagbilaran because the fare could be tantamount! THANKS!!!!!

6. Re: transfer options from Tagbilaran to Jagna port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, October 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Tagbilaran City