We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

roads

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
roads

Hi can anyone tell me please what the roads are like from Alicante to Pinoso - are they all mountain roads and how bad are they - I have a phobia and I am going in May!!

12 replies to this topic
Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: roads

Hi,I have only just seen your post, did you do your trip in May. If so do you mind giving me any information about the area, facilities etc, anything at all, as we are considering buying a property out there but so far we haven't found anyone who has been. We have read up about Pinoso but it's so different when you actually hear people's experiences.

Thanks in advance. Tracy

Edited: 1:59 pm, September 02, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: roads

Hi Tacey, yes I went to Pinoso in May and again in August for a week. The roads are fine 45 minutes from the airport and no mountain roads have to be used - phew!! The reason I go is that my best friend moved there so I go to see her. Pinoso as a place does not have a lot to offer I'm afraid it is very baron and the town is small with hardly any restaurants and nothing to do. There is a lot of English there but to be honest it is like ghost town.

Let me know if you want to know anything else happy to help. Also I could put you in touch with my friend who lives there!

Regards Jak

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: roads

Hi, we have finally found our new house, we are going over 26 Oct to finalise, as you look at a map of Pinoso we are on the south east in the mountain. If you know of anyone that can give us any info about anything at all, e.g. area, living tips,markets,supermarkets,where to buy furniture anything at all as we are entirely new to buying in Spain. We have a friend that lives in Cabo Roig but it is coastal and touristy. So being in the area we have chosen he can't offer us any advise. Thanks in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: roads

Hi Tracy - congratulations, very exciting for you, hope it goes well.

My friends live in Pinoso who I mentioned and they have a second hand furniture shop they do a lot of house clearance so it is all good stuff and I will get u a good price!! How close are you to Pinoso? They will be able to help you with anything if you are close.

My email add is jak258@yahoo.co.uk if you want to get in touch

Jak

bristol
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: roads

Hi could you give us their address please as we're also going to look at houses this year and would like to see what shops etc are in the area.regards Sian

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: roads

If you'd like even more info on Pinoso and are on Facebook, there are a couple of selling groups etc for the Pinoso area, just do a search on FB and join and ask on the group, I'm sure you'll get some helpful response.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: roads

Hi, I too joined the Facebook groups and found invaluable help information and very helpful people that have become our new friends, I would strongly recommend it.

Greater Manchester...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: roads

Hi Jak

Just been looking for info about buying second hand furniture in Pinoso and seen your e mail

We are in the process of buying a property there and seen the costs for transporting out furniture which is ridiculous

Does your friend still deal with second hand furniture there it would be great if you could pass on my details or let me have their e mail so that we can get in touch.

We plan to move there end of July and are so excited

Thanks

Ann

Bunol, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: roads

Hi, Ann, I hope your move went really well. We have our eye on a property for sale there, would love to chat to you about your experiences of house buying and and advice you may have. My email address is bevbrunton@ msn.com if you have any spare time ...

Kind regards

Bev

bristol
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: roads

Hi . We've recently completed on a house just outside Pinoso.We find it a great place. Several good restaurants and bars.All day to day living requirements catered for.Markets.The people are friendly and welcoming too.We know of a great place to stay whilst house hunting also . We're looking forward to moving over once our house is refurbed.It depends what your looking for really.Benidorm its not.

Reply to: roads
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pinoso
Recent Conversations