We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alicante Airport - 4 hours to spare..

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Alicante Airport - 4 hours to spare..

Hi, we are having a group holiday in the Alicante region in July and our flight leaves Alicante to go home 3.5 hours after the rest of the party.

But we will need to travel with the rest of the party to the airport - or at least to somewhere on the way to the airport (we're coming from the Gandia Area). Our flight is at 8.45pm.

We have a 4yo & 1yo and will have a fair amount of luggage (car seats travel cot plus cases) with us..

So my questions are:

Would Ryanair let us check in when the rest of our group are checking in so we don't have our stuff to carry about & if not is there a left luggage anywhere?

Has anyone any suggestions what we can do in that time? There is only so much we can do with the kids in terms of walking around an airport before they are bored senseless!

We'd be happy to get a taxi to somewhere nearby that's not mega costly to get to - whether that be a hotel where we could use the facilities or a town where we could wander / have a meal? But obviously we may have all our cases if no left luggage or check in options..

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
4,951 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alicante Airport - 4 hours to spare..

Yes they may let you do a bag drop when your friends check in (need to check this out at the time of check in) then either jump on the C6 bus in to Alicante or get a taxi, go for a meal or wander around the air-conditioned shops to keep cool.

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alicante Airport - 4 hours to spare..

Thanks SunloverSpain - is this the correct site to check for details? http://aerobusalicante.es/?lang=en

If I was using the bus, where would I be best to get off? And also, how much would a taxi be? Just wondering if it was 3.85euro x 4 single (not sure if I'd have to pay for the kids), if I might be easier just to get a taxi?

I think a read a very old thread that is now closed, where someone suggested getting a Taxi to El Altet village and go for a wander but again I have no idea of cost?

I guess this all hinges on if we can check in our stuff...

I did wonder if there was any family friendly bars nearby? I remember when we stayed in Portugal there was a couple of bars which basically marketed themselves as a place to go for the day before your flight.... they had a pool and was family friendly so as long as you bought food and drink there there was a left luggage area and communal showers / changing rooms etc..

Alicante, Spain
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alicante Airport - 4 hours to spare..

If you are going to Alicante - it may be cheaper to get a taxi - it should only be a few Euros more than the price of the C6 bus. If you get the C6 bus, stop at the port area. There you have beaches, restaurants all along the marina and also walking distance to shops. Taxi should take 10 mins to get to the city. Alternatively, get a taxi to nearby beach called Urbanova. Its 6km from the airport, its a beautiful beach with lovely bars and restaurants along the newly refurbished promenade. Personally I think this is a better alternative to El Altet, as there is not much there, especially when everywhere is closed for Siesta in the afternoon. A visit to Urbanova beach should round your trip off nicely.

4. Re: Alicante Airport - 4 hours to spare..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 07, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Alicante