We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been to Calpe in October?

Uddingston, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone been to Calpe in October?

Hi guys,

My partner and I have flights to Alicante 29th September for a week and we're going to spend a couple of nights in Benidorm before moving onto Calpe (we think).

Has anyone been there at the time we're going and can you tell me if it'll still be kind of lively? Restaurants open, bars open, that sort of thing?

We're not so fussed about crazy bars and stuff, but just enough to do at night that we don't get bored.

Thank you!

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,987 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been to Calpe in October?

Hi if you post this on the Calpe forum then you should get your answer.

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been to Calpe in October?

Hi

Everywhere should be open but perhaps a bit quieter, there are plenty bars and restaurants in the town. They are quite spread out with bars on most streets. Calpeannie will be able to give you more info.

Try and visit Moraira while you are there as well.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
750 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone been to Calpe in October?

Had you thought of Valencia? There would be much more to do there and it's only 75 minutes away by car. There are also coaches that go there. It's a beautiful city by the sea. Quite a lot further there's Barcelona, of course.

Manchester
Level Contributor
37 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone been to Calpe in October?

We have booked to stay in Alicante itself in November. Beautiful town with good rail connections for day trips.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
10 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone been to Calpe in October?

Of course it's lively enough!

I have a place in Calpe and tend to go off-season. I usually go in the September/October timeframe, just as I am doing in 2014. Calpe appears to me to be getting a bit busier at this time of the year as they seem to capture some of the Northern European October Holiday business, though things do quieten down a bit by November.

One of the events that will be on between 2nd to 12th Oct is the 2014 Oktoberfest. It's got a great atmosphere and is well worth a visit. The bars in general along the sea-front will be closing earlier in the evening than they do in the summer, but it's still steady enough and great enjoying a couple of drinks at the beach bars as the sun sets. In town, there are pleanty of bars and restaurants, some livelier than others in October, but I am sure you will find enough to do.

I think Calpe has some of the best beaches in the world, there will still be quite a few people around topping up their sun-tans, but you'll have pleanty of space to yourselves. Also the sea is still great for swimming in October.

St. Andrews, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone been to Calpe in October?

I believe there is also the popular Moors and Christians fiesta in October in Calpe.

moraira
Destination Expert
for Moraira
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone been to Calpe in October?

Think your right Nicole.

Moors and Christians not to be missed. Wasn't sure if it was Calpe or Benidorm in October.

8. Re: Has anyone been to Calpe in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, March 14, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Alicante