We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Car Hire from Alicante airport

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Car Hire from Alicante airport

Hi, we are flying to Alicante in June for 2 weeks and Budget look to be the best car hire. Has anyone used them from here and are they any good. Some of the others have had awful reviews and Budget has the best prices too. It all gets a bit confusing when looking for things. Any help would be grateful!

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Car Hire from Alicante airport

Bumping as I'm interested too

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Car Hire from Alicante airport

Bluedino73 I am afraid I have no experience with Budget but with any company I recommend you look beyond the headline price. As you say, it can get very confusing. Other things to consider:

1. Assuming the rate is based on a pick up full/return empty policy what will be the cost of the full tank of fuel?

2. What is included in the standard insurance? Is there an excess?

3. What is the cost of the top-up insurance?

4. If top-up insurance is not taken what deposit is required?

5. For credit card deposits is the money taken from the card on pick up or is the amount merely 'blocked'?

6. Is the rental with unlimited mileage, or not?

7. What is the likely age of the vehicle (if that is important to you)?

Regards Tony

swaffham
Level Contributor
108 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Car Hire from Alicante airport

Budget is a cheaper brand of Avis shorter queues at car hire desk. Went with them last year no problem

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Car Hire from Alicante airport

Coys car hire are a local company and always get good reports.

This review is taken from a Torrevieja forum, it was posted this week " Thought we would give Coys a try......we asked on here for car hire companies who could meet us just after midnight. We were really impressed, our car was just the job, fully insured with no extras, our quote included 12 euros of fuel which got us home and only needed 10 euros more during our break. Steve the guy who met us was on time, very helpful and had already marked on our hire form the mark on the passenger door."

Its not often that you read positives regarding Car hire companies, hope this helps.

I have used Budget through a U.K broker when I hired last year in Orlando and they were fine over there, but did have to pay for fuel.

Edited: 9:06 am, April 13, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Torrevieja
Torrevieja
Costa Blanca, Spain
London
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Car Hire from Alicante airport

Just don't use Dickmann's - one of those you get to by shuttle bus - terrible service and took £43 off my credit card that they were not entitled to. I booked through Indigo and had no idea that we would need to go slightly off-site. It was late when we arrived and quiet, us 2 girls were messed about and they were in no hurry to help us.

I will not use Indigo or Dickmanns again.

Angela

Leeds, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget Car Hire from Alicante airport

I also used Dickmans, worst company I have used at Alicante airport.

Drivalia I can reccomend also econorent

Edited: 7:27 pm, April 20, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Alicante Airport
Alicante Airport
Alicante, Spain
derby
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget Car Hire from Alicante airport

I used hertz last week and they were excellent. Flew to Malaga, collected car, almost new, only 150 miles on the clock. Took five minutes for paperwork. You have choice of fuel policies. We had half tank fuel and top up to half ourselves before dropping car off. Had free upgrade and free additional driver. Will certainly use them again in June.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Coventry, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget Car Hire from Alicante airport

Hi Bluedino. How was your experience with Budget Car rental please. Did they pressue you to take super CDW like other rental companies. I am planning to use this next week. Thank you in advance.

Utrecht, The...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget Car Hire from Alicante airport

Hi,

Budget is a bit different than most of the others which are quit open about the fuel policy, others always charge you a full tank which is very expensive. Budget has a fair fuel policy on paper so I was willing to pay more for rent. But when you are at the desk they demand that you sign a contract for a full fuel tank and then they say that you don't have to pay for it if you leave the car full. When I returned the car with a full fuel tank (and I proved it with a bill) they told me it was oke. To my surprise they charge you afterwards again for the fuel. So in the end you pay a high rent and double for the fuel. In Spain this working method seems quite normal.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Budget Car Hire from Alicante airport

Drivela . Have used them the last 2 trips,to Spain excellent service and very helpful would recommend 100%

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe