We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DoyouSpain - Car Hire Website

Which Alicante hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Topic
DoyouSpain - Car Hire Website

Customer Service with DoyouSpain.co.uk if you have a complaint is rubbish. They keep fobbing you off. I booked car hire for Alicante with them and was allocated Advantage. I was overcharged the rental fee inspite of the having a voucher stating the price and also charged for insurance that the voucher clearly said was included in the price. Our flight was delayed and landed at 2, at that time the rest of the airport was closed and I was tired so had no choice. When contacted the next day, DoyouSpain asked me to send a copy of the rental agreement which I did. I was told they would get back to me. It is now 3 weeks and there has been no resolution. I have called at least 4 times and everytime the answer is we're waiting for Advantage to respond. We'll get back to you. It's not even about the money but the principle really. I feel really stupid for being taken for a ride so easily and angry that when they want your custom they flood you with emails but come complaint time, they don't even have the courtesy to keep you informed. Needless to say I will not be using them again and would advise anyone who intends to, to do so with caution. Please check all the details carefully before you sign.

hants
Level Contributor
62 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DoyouSpain - Car Hire Website

i always use them and so far have been lucky but thanks for the heads up , will be cautious this year .

i would tell them by email you have given them a bad review on tripadvisor and forward them a copy of your post, stating that until the matter is resolved and you think 3 weeks is a long enough period of time , you will continue to advise people of what happened to you , see if that makes a difference ....

good luck

UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DoyouSpain - Car Hire Website

We have just recently booked through doyouspin for car hire this Saturday. We have not received confirmtion despite booking online. Having chased them up they are telling us they are checking with their agent that they hve the car available that we booked!!

Have nightmares about landing in Palma to no car - particularly worrying as we have a 9 month old baby.

Terrible, terrible, terrible - steer clear if you want peace of mind!

birkenshaw, west...
Level Contributor
341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DoyouSpain - Car Hire Website

I also have booked through this company and have been assigned Record Rentacar as supplier but after reading the online reviews (just about no one had a good word to say about them) for this company have decided to cancel and look else where. Just one problem though, I can't seem to find any rental companies who offer a decent rental price and don't charge for a whole tank of fuel on pick up. In addition to this, no one seems to give you a diffinitive answer with regards to how much this tank of fuel will cost so you're effectively agreeing to pay as much as they charge on arrival. It's driving me mad!!!!

Does anyone out there know of a decent rental place that won't charge OTT for the actual car and does not force you to take a tank full of fuel at their inflated prices????

Please, please help me.

wales
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DoyouSpain - Car Hire Website

We had booked with Doyouspain also but after the reviews cancelled our booking. We have now booked with Economy Car Hire, a good price for rental but I think they all charge for a tankful of fuel, whichever one you choose. We also paid for the top up insurance, which we have had before, and found this company ok. Have a look at their website, they also have a live chat, who maybe able to help you.

UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: DoyouSpain - Car Hire Website

I too am due to arrive in Alicante and am appalled at the lack of transparency with these car hire companies they seem to charge what they like and give you what they want . I would prefer to bus it to my destination of Moriara and hire locally does anyone out there know if this is feasible. Many thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DoyouSpain - Car Hire Website

As an update to my earlier post - we finally got our confirmation through and we were assigned to a car rental firm in Palma called OK Car Rental. They were terrible. It took us almost an hour to get our car and there was only one other couple there and then it wasn't even the car we wanted! They also fill the car with petrol and charge you for it (you can bring it back empty!!). At one point the woman serving us took a phone call and was giving someone directions while we sttod there. Fortunately at this point my 10 months old (who was fed up by then) started crying loudly (I admit I made no attempt to stop her) and she was forced off the phone and to continue serving us. Basically you get what you pay for so spend more and steer clear of doyouspain!!!!

Holland
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DoyouSpain - Car Hire Website

I also had a bad experience with doyouspain. Well I do NOT spain anymore.

We had a Tata (car) terrible. I thought it would explode.

Anyway, NEVER AGAIN.

Woodbridge, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: DoyouSpain - Car Hire Website

Never ever...ever....ever....hire....even a PUSHBIKE..... from this company.....

No hidden extras....?

60 euro for extra insurance despite already having cheaper, more extensive cover.....OR 300 euro deposit....just incase your UK purchased cover isn't valid.

Told by Auriga Crown that one or the other was COMPULSORY....& if i refused to accept i could "go elsewhere for hire car Signor"

Tried to contact "Do You Pain" - currently sending messages via a medium cos every other form of communication seems to fail - but no response.

Price quoted on initial enquiry was 20% cheaper than actual price charged....ridiculously misleading quotes & exchange rates from 1998.....

Charged 85 euro for tank of diesel by Auriga Crown.....ripped off again......

My advice....never hire, recommend,search or think about this company....

Hythe Kent
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DoyouSpain - Car Hire Website

Oh dear, almost wish I hadn''t read these comments.

We used Doyouspain for a hire from Malaga 18 months ago and everythig went very well. The voucher arrived promptly and the hire company were excellent.

Bearing in mind previous good service we booked a car from Seville with Doyouspain but when after 4 weeks no voucher had arrived I sent a polite reminder by email as requested. This was followed by another 4 weeks of deafening silence. I have written again but am holding out little hope. The m.o with this company seems to be to do a decent job some of the time but to ignore any problems. Perhaps the company's choice of name should have alerted me!!

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: DoyouSpain - Car Hire Website

Rented car this week with doyouspain and Gold car from Girona. I feel totally ripped off and have had no reply to my complaint regarding extra 18% tax on fuel and unexplained diesel charge. What started as 85 euros became 3x that much with an extra driver, insurance for France, fuel, diesel charge and 18% tax on all of it. I'm just wondering, but has doyouspain changed hands recently? I've used them before without being fleeced. Only thing I can think of doing is to plaster my experience on every review site I can. Doyouspain really do "do you"!

P.S.They also appear to only have a Spanish contact number which is only on the voucher you get after booking. The website only has email which I dont expect to get a reply from.